Media double standards

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not going into the rights and wrongs of whether Dominic Cummings should be sacked. The media however baying for him to be sacked whilst reporters and photographers are milling round Cummings packed like sardines.
No social distancing whatsoever from each other or keeping their distance from Cummings. Don't think we will be reading any time soon that x amount of reporters and y of photographers have been suspended for flouting social distancing rules.

This is becoming another all time low for our media, presently they have an under 50% favourability rating on the coverage of this pandemic and this is not going to improve that.
Scenes as you say outside Cummings house all crowding around is not setting the example.
I have no idea if Cummings did right or wrong or whether any different to Stephen Kinnock but the media hyperbole over Cummings is more about the man then the rules, as they are just out to get him.

Trouble is he is now the story and ultimately, guilty or innocent this can’t detract from government for much longer.

Sorry chookey your wrong here, I agree with Alistair Campbell the media darling and go to svengali for anything
political for the MSM, and I know what you'll be thinking "how the feck can anyone with any moral fibre rely on
anything that c**t says after he and his bestie Mr Blair are responsible for the death and destruction of thousands
if not millions of people" well it was a mistake and he apologised for it and if the media and left right and centre of
labour supporters can forgive him, so can you.

Anyway I digress, Alistair said what Cummings did was a disgrace and he should be sacked or worse hung drawn
and quartered along with his boss. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry chookey your wrong here, I agree with Alistair Campbell the media darling and go to svengali for anything
political for the MSM, and I know what you'll be thinking "how the feck can anyone with any moral fibre rely on
anything that c**t says after he and his bestie Mr Blair are responsible for the death and destruction of thousands
if not millions of people" well it was a mistake and he apologised for it and if the media and left right and centre of
labour supporters can forgive him, so can you.

Anyway I digress, Alistair said what Cummings did was unforgivable and should never be forgiven cause somebody
might have been hurt. ;)
As I said Dave, not getting into whether what he did was right or wrong. Thread is about double standards. The media are carrying out a witch hunt whilst also flouting social distancing rules.

As I said Dave, not getting into whether what he did was right or wrong. Thread is about double standards. The media are carrying out a witch hunt whilst also flouting social distancing rules.

I know mate, I was being facetious, Campbell is all over the media this morning telling all and sundry how terrible
what Cummings did and at no point did anyone challenge him on what he did when he was the guy in that position. 👍

I think of it this way. If someone else in government or close to Goverment had done what cummings had done what do you think cummings would be advising Boris to do. He'd be telling boris to get rid for boris's and the Government sake and not bat an eye. He needs to go and go now , **** him, He has done enormous damage and so has boris by supporting him.

Apparently Durham police advised him on security.
Perhaps they advised him to go to Barnard Castle? Lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DC is the bane of the leftist media, as he was the Brexit architect.

Total witch-hunt.

I lost count of how many times I read something critical of the Governments handling of the covid-19 crisis in the press. Their stories would often be based on polls. Unnamed polls which were undertaken during a National lockdown??
We know for a fact that Dominic Cummings was the only person in England who was out at that time. Surely wasn't him they "polled" 😂

I lost count of how many times I read something critical of the Governments handling of the covid-19 crisis in the press. Their stories would often be based on polls. Unnamed polls which were undertaken during a National lockdown??
We know for a fact that Dominic Cummings was the only person in England who was out at that time. Surely wasn't him they "polled" 😂

You know fine well who the polls companies are, they aren't impartial either :). Probably ComRes, related to the BBC and the Independent.

DC is the bane of the leftist media, as he was the Brexit architect.

Total witch-hunt.

We know that and they know we know that, but their so wrapped up in their London elite bubble they
don't give a f**k, kinnock drove 100 miles to sing happy birthday, he said he's sorry so that's the end
of it and BTW cummings was out of order and should have just said sorry instead of just being a cant
about it with his statement.

Back