MCITP Bootcamp Course UK only help

maggot

Inactive User
Reaction score
As the title says I need to find a company that do microsoft boot camps and accept microsoft vouchers as payment

please help

As the title says I need to find a company that do microsoft boot camps and accept microsoft vouchers as payment

please help

I would stay away from boot camps - they only teach you what you need to pass the exam not what you need to do a job.

I gotta agree about bootcamps only teaching towards passing the exams but if that is what you are looking for are you talking about microsoft software assurance training vouchers ?

Can't you just use the vouchers up on the actual exams and go elsewhere for training?

Hey guys I already do the job I just need the paperwork to go with it.

as I asked, are these software assurance training vouchers ?

There are quite a few places that accept them.

Sorry to disagree, but if you already do the job to the required standard then you should be able to pass the exam.

I can see your point, but slightly disagree.

With the technologies covered being relatively new and many organisations not using all of the available functionality, a lot of the knowledge can either get forgotten or just never be required in the first place. I think there must be a lot of people moving from 2003 to 2008 at the moment and without a bit of research/training its hard to see how you could fully understand the changes.

I dont like the boot camp method though, MS Press books, CBT nuggets videos, and some virtual machines for me.

Hope that makes sense, I'm absolutely knackered today...

Sorry to disagree, but if you already do the job to the required standard then you should be able to pass the exam.

Not so sure about that. MS exams are about doing it the MS way. Not many real life implementations are done the MS way even if you get MS in to do the design, lol

Plus most organisations are multi vendor, multi platform. For example I am sure we use less then 20% of what Windows Server can do. Even if I know my job backwards I couldn't walk into a MS exam and pass.

The exam are there to make sure you have a understanding of what features the products have and for high level administration. As you know, most admin use scripts and shell for admin stuff, the exams don't cover that. With the design exams, being able to do business analysis is a vital skill again not covered in the exams.

Hey

thanks for the replys guys bottom line is I do the job already and the company would like to put me though a boot camp due to a upgrade to win 7 in the very near future. I'm being put though a windows 7 enterprise desktop support course. they get the vouchers for free from Microsoft due to our parent company I really dont know which ones they are. Looks like I will be using QA and living in Leeds for a week.

As a few of you have said there will be a lot that I learn that will not be used and some that will be forgot right away but the way I see it, I was a builder not to many moons ago with no qualifacations IT wise at all and it was bloody hard work to get where I am now lost a girlfriend in the process almost went bankcrupt and almost lost everything I had. I had a passion for IT and I have worked hard and if my company want to put me though this or any other course for that matter Im taking it :) it all looks good on my CV

have fun and luck. I'm on a project to upgrade our company PC to Win7. A lot of problems and issues.

yeah thats what im involved in thats why they want someone that can support it too on paper I mean and there is always going be be some little secrects that I will pick up

Good luck with it mate. My work have sent a few people to QA, they said it was OK. We're mostly up to Windows 7 now and life is quite a bit easier, in most ways...

Back