McClaren`s successor!

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it to early to be talking about a successor to steve McClaren , as me personally dont think he has enough presence about him , neither does he seem to get the best out of our players whom we know play well for there clubs , he also needs to play them in there correct positions , or do we just need less games in the premiership more time for England to get together , just like to here peoples opinions
regards Biffo

did u really want him as your manager in the first place? think his big mistake was totally dumping beckham from his squad. what should really happen is your players giving themself a shake they are all pretty much world class on their own but dont seem to click!!

Maybe as im from Scotland my decision might be a bit clouded but i think you need someone like Jose Mourinho as manager. He knows how to handle big name players, treats them with respect and defends them even when he knows 10000000% they were wrong and in turn players stick up for him.

Don't much like Chelsea myself but you look at the players there when they go through a rough patch, they always fight, and stick up for each other and the manager.

By the looks of it the England players have no respect for a manager who in most peoples opinion was a middle of the premiership manager never mind the England manager.

Im sure you would prefer an English manager but lets look at the facts.

1.Man Utd - Scottish manager
2.Chelsea - Portuguese manager
3.Arsenal - French manager
4.Liverpool - Spanish manager
5.Bolton - English manager (but would you really want a long ball manager??)
6.Everton - Scottish manager
7.Tottenham - Dutch manager

You may have some of the best players in the world but you have a distinct lack of good English managers in your league so i think your best bet is a good foreign manager.

and would bolton manager even look at it now that he was knocked back for mclaren in the first place. therefore you probably will have to look for a manager abroad!

if england want to win anything in the coming years SACK McClaren he is not experinced enough in my opinion to that level!! we need sir alex from man utd!! i know he has said he wont do it but we need him!!!

McClaren is a plonker, to be honest i thought that sven was excellent was a great manager so what he was up beckham's A** he did the work didnt hee!! i cant belive how many people have cussed sven since he left he was a wicked manager. ok england didnt have a good world cup i do not give all the blame to sven, the players did not exaclty help did they!!

anyway get rid of mcclaren nw !!

If Mourhino is still with us at Chelsea next year then I'd like to see Guus Hiddink in charge of England I know he's not English but the only English manager who I think is up to it at the moment is Big Sam Alladyce and theres no way the old fogies at the FA will appoint him after he was investigated for taking bungs .. rumour has it Guus Hiddink will take over at the bridge if Mourhino goes

im all in favour of a foriegn manager ,we are lacking good english managers , as long as we are wining with confidence maybe in a few years steve coppell might be up for the job as he is doin well with reading , but he would need to have progressed with a bigger team with big players

Steve McClaren never proved himself and he was second choice all the way along. McClaren is simply shite. The manager i recommend is Marcelo Lippi with Vialli as his assistant oh and also take Lampard out. This is Englands best team

........................Foster.................

Nev.........Rio..................JT...........Cole

..Lennon...Gerrard........Hargreaves......J.Cole.

.............................Rooney
..................................Defoe

Lampard is so over rated. Carrick is more useful then him as he can create goals with his passing ability. Lampard is only good at boring Chelsea.

I also think Huddlestone is a great prospect.

Don't know how you have put Neville in your "best" team he wasn't bad 6 or 7 years ago when he was Beckhams bitch now he is shite and as slow as a shire horse, and you got the cheek to call Lampard crap lol .. I agree Lampard hasn't done it for England lately and deserves to be dropped but he pisses all over neville for skill and pace .. lmao .. Neville best right back in England pmsl

Hi

Big Sam should have been the choice ahead of Mclaren, he`s doing an excellent job at Bolton on low budgets, gets the best out of has been players, unknown players, players with attitude etc. If he was managing the crop of English footballers he wouldnt be playing long ball which I dont think they play all the time anyway, Bolton actually play the passing game a lot of the time. He doesnt take rubbish when players dont perform, commands respect, he is outspoken and the powers that be dont like outspoken managers remember Brian Clough he too should have been an England manager so I dont think Big Sam will get the call from the F.A but if he did I think he`d jump at the chance. Bottom line get rid of Mclaren now!!!!

Hi

Big Sam should have been the choice ahead of Mclaren, he`s doing an excellent job at Bolton on low budgets, gets the best out of has been players, unknown players, players with attitude etc. If he was managing the crop of English footballers he wouldnt be playing long ball which I dont think they play all the time anyway, Bolton actually play the passing game a lot of the time. He doesnt take rubbish when players dont perform, commands respect, he is outspoken and the powers that be dont like outspoken managers remember Brian Clough he too should have been an England manager so I dont think Big Sam will get the call from the F.A but if he did I think he`d jump at the chance. Bottom line get rid of Mclaren now!!!!
big sam should get the job why u ask well he has all the right atributes to be an england manager
HES WON FOOK ALL
anybody can manage england play the best players and play them in there proper places

Don't know how you have put Neville in your "best" team he wasn't bad 6 or 7 years ago when he was Beckhams bitch now he is shite and as slow as a shire horse, and you got the cheek to call Lampard crap lol .. I agree Lampard hasn't done it for England lately and deserves to be dropped but he pisses all over neville for skill and pace .. lmao .. Neville best right back in England pmsl

Neville is Englands best right back. If you consider him poor then you obviously haven't seen him play he has been excellent all season for us. He is a wondeful player and you can't make a direct comparison between him and lampard as they are different players and Lampard is not quick i repeat Lampard is not quick he is SHITE. England don't have a better Right back the Gary the only one developing into a good one is Micah Richards but is inexperienced as isn't up to international level yet! Gary is in the top 5 rb in the world mate.

I'm sure I read a couple of years ago that Big Sam would not consider taking the job. But then he was one of the ones interviewed last time.

I think he is almost capable of making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Which is almost what is needed.
One thing for sure, he is a Boss! ;)

mclaren got the job cos he is spiff also he is a yes man

he wasnt suitable for the job, christ he nearly got boro relegated even with a massive transfer budget, look at maccarone etc, all expensive flops yet he relies on the youngsters to get em through

it is a joke considering a few months before he got the job the fanswere calling for his head and fans were throwing season tickets at him

big sam was the ideal choice considering what he has done to bolton with peanuts

but they wont ever allow big sam to be england manager cos he is outspoken !

If we got a foreign manager again everyone would of been saying we need a English manager. Thing is they got the wrong English manager, big Sam would of been better of the two. Mclaren was so flummoxed at Middlesbrough doing the internationals he went & sat in the stands with John Barnes looking for tips.

i think sam alladice has more pressence than maclaren.

would love to see him try the job, i know hes not won nothing but he has taken bolton a team which has fook all money and cannot fill the small stadium they have and put them on the map.

thats a huge achievement.

i'd have to agree and say Big Sam should of took charge (all you have to do is look at the job he's done at bolton) iv'e never liked steve mclaren and i dont think he deserved the england job in the 1st place

i think sam alladice has more pressence than maclaren.

would love to see him try the job, i know hes not won nothing but he has taken bolton a team which has fook all money and cannot fill the small stadium they have and put them on the map.

thats a huge achievement.

As an unbiased scot lol I've gotta agree ;)
Big Sam has the no holds barred, this is how it is, get it right fookin up 'em attitude that Engand desperately need.
Gone are the days when you might have had a character like that on the pitch so you need a manager that lays it on the line straight.
McClaren is a mincer and as others have said he's a yes man. Players the calibre that England have at their disposal shouldn't be forced to explain in the post-match interview that it's their fault that they are underachieving. They are protecting the manager out of some misplaced loyalty. It should be the other way round, assuming that it's necessary.

Neville is Englands best right back. If you consider him poor then you obviously haven't seen him play he has been excellent all season for us. He is a wondeful player and you can't make a direct comparison between him and lampard as they are different players and Lampard is not quick i repeat Lampard is not quick he is SHITE. England don't have a better Right back the Gary the only one developing into a good one is Micah Richards but is inexperienced as isn't up to international level yet! Gary is in the top 5 rb in the world mate.

you have to look past utd when you post pal its not about utd all the time

your be saying if only ronaldo could play for us next....

i dont rate neville as a player he is good at keeping players in check however and always wines at the ref at the right times which is a good atribute and ugly as fook must scare a few players.

you cant say lampard is crap/shite because look what he does week in and out for chelski, i would say he is not good for england but maybe thats down the to manager and if england has two players like gerrard and lampard they must make it possible to play them and in my opinion play hargreeves in a makelale position as he makes alot of ground up on the pitch.

however roaldo i did like your choices you picked nice team but i woul not play defoe in front of rooney i would not play defoe at all, probably after today would play crouch lol

probably after today would play crouch lol
lol I never rated Crouch I thought he was all leggy like Bambi lmao .. but he scored a couple of nice goals today and deserves another England call up I reckon, we can't do any worse ;)

Back