max233

pil196

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all me againe i dont supose eney one has a good dirgram of making a good max233 lead as i have 2 max233 chips this would be a grate help thanx

its ok all this looks like the one that will work as the rxd and txd are the other way round from a tut i was following
[DLMURL]http://www.world-of-digital.com/foru...ad.php?t=57803[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats for a Max232 the one with the caps on the board heres one that definately works.

bigballs said:
Thats for a Max232 the one with the caps on the board heres one that definately works.

this one also shows caps as in c2- and c2+ just tryd to make it

pil196 said:
this one also shows caps as in c2- and c2+ just tryd to make it

sorry i see now so do i need to make them links on the right hand side of the chip and also do i need to link the points on the rs232 conection ??

thanx

Yeh but the caps are built into the Max233 unlike the Max232 that requires external caps ive made 3 of these Max233's and all have worked heres some pictures of the one ive installed into my 4100

what a star a masive star thanx bigballs all up and runing now lol im made up
thanx againe m8

looks shite but bloody works thanx to bigballs

Last edited:
I'd take a picture of my blackcat i made but I'm to ashamed.
Yours is a Rembrandt mines a load of Jason Pollocks!
I've decided not to give up and have come back with new enthusiasm.
I had so much stuff to read and didnt let it sink in.
The blackcat is a little bit of a con i think.
I've got a tut that tells you how to do it with a max223 and tftpd32.exe
and a terminal emulator.
After doing a few ambits i get the idea and i think i get the idea that tftpd32.exe sends the SB5100_SIGMA-X_1.05.bin and TCNiSO_Bootloader_v2.5.91.bin to the modem.
My only problem at the moment it understanding where to put what wires to the modem.
It makes it a little bit more confusing that I've got a max233 and the tuts are about the max223.
I'm not that bothered if i break it.
I got ?? 3 others to keep me going until the blackcat gets here.
Here goes...............

Back