max number of clients

harveybham

Inactive User
Reaction score
what is the maxium number of clients that a white sly card can handle without any freezing problems??

Some say up to 30 but that is a hell of a large family lol.
personally i would say up to 10 is good

it all depends on server (dreambox or linux pc), internet connection, cccam setup.

iv got a good internet setup and cccam setup, im gettin some high ecm times, (some times are ok (0.121) some are to high (0.7,0.8,0.6) and channels are glitching)

the cards has been overclocked to 65,

its set up on a linux pc. I have a card reader but i dont have a usb hub, would a hub help the problem

iv got a good internet setup and cccam setup, im gettin some high ecm times, (some times are ok (0.121) some are to high (0.7,0.8,0.6) and channels are glitching)

the cards has been overclocked to 65,

its set up on a linux pc. I have a card reader but i dont have a usb hub, would a hub help the problem

It's well documented that a white card doesn't take well to overclocking, and supposedly a usb hub can make it faster, if i was you i would not run it anywher near that.

I always pictured a nice mod with opening up the smargo and attaching a fan to the card to keep it nice and cool after overclocking.

what do you guys think?

what should be the ideal speed of the card ??

Sky boxes often run them at about 5Mhz so that should probably be ok. You can check the card spec by analysing the cards ATR. One of the parameters in the ATR tells you the max clk speed of the card as well as its operating voltage.

btw, a lot of sky boxes now run the cards at 3.3v rather than the previously used 5v. Running at high clock with high voltage may overheat the card BUT running at high clock low voltage may cause card malfunction. You may have to compromise so I would tend to go with the combination used by the subbed box !!!

This question still pops up about max clients, this forum does not promote comercial style severs and expects that people will share with freinds and family. This sort of setup is tipicaly run from a dreambox very simple and can serve around 30 people with no problems. Linux based severs with the corect software can cache the emms and serve as many people as there band width will allow but will eventualy be the end of cardshare.

Back