Mate got ripped off today

Well I got a 79, and XBC done mine with postage both ways for like £40 I think. Thats resonable if you ask me. £90 is just excessive. lol.

Yes, it is.

The problem being here - people are paying £90 so he can continue to charge it.

Im no trader.

If it was me in that guys situation, and I could charge that, I would.

Pretty simple really.

Well I think he did. His drive was acting up and he phoned a shop in Glasgow (it's the only one I know that does flashing). They quoted him £60 to replace the drive. He previously had his old drive flashed by them and the deal was that if anything went wrong with his machine (3ROD) and it had to go back to MS then they would restore his firmware and reflash it when he got it back for free. Sounded like a good deal.

He assumed that as he was getting his drive replace by them, flashing would be included, until he went to pick it up today and they told him that as it was a completely different drive, they charged him and extra £40 for the flash. Grand total £100.

Complete rip off and bad form if you ask me.

What do you think??
Imo if you aint gona do it yourself then you have no grounds to complain about being ripped off.

If it was me in that guys situation, and I could charge that, I would.

So you like to exploit people? ;)

@ vevitjester69, never a truer word spoken mate, a lot of people claim that their simply not up to the task but the 360 hack is easily one of the simplest hacks around, it only gets ugly when you have one of the yucky drives.

Most people are just lacking confidence.

Last edited:
No I dont, if people are prepared to pay through the nose for something then people will charge it. I dont.

Petrol prices anyone?

The modding of a 360 is simple, but you seem to have overlooked the fact people dont want to risk it, and that is why they people to do it for them.

All to easy to mod, all to easy to lose the drive key too ;)

IMO i can see both sides of the story yeh £90 is alot of dosh to pay out for a drive to be modded but if you are unable to do it youself then if it is something that requires a skill or equipmet then that person has the right to charge what they think is a fair price

for instance i have just had to pay £80 for some one to put a plug onto my car and read if there is any faults but i could have payed a mobile diag place £60 to do the same job or i could have gone and bought a smaller version of the equipment and done it myself but i chose to go to the people who know what everything means on the print out

so like that the flashing of the drives especially when they have the equipment and knowledge is going to be supply and demand

@ vevitjester69, never a truer word spoken mate, a lot of people claim that their simply not up to the task but the 360 hack is easily one of the simplest hacks around, it only gets ugly when you have one of the yucky drives.

Most people are just lacking confidence.
Its not just confidence, its the thought of knackering that £250 odd peice of equipment you just shelled out on, with no hope of claiming on the warranty if it goes wrong as well I think.

Years ago, I chipped a PSX and was really worried about it. It worked in the end, but was quite concerned over it at the time.

So general concenscious is that if you can get away with it, charge it. Hmmm.... So are we all saying, that the knowledge we have gained through the cable section for instance, we can use that and charge what we like? Are we all saying its ok to become a trader, and use other peoples work to our own advantage??

I personally would not pay £90. The only reason I had someone else do mine, was because I cannot solder very well.

So general concenscious is that if you can get away with it, charge it. Hmmm.... So are we all saying, that the knowledge we have gained through the cable section for instance, we can use that and charge what we like? Are we all saying its ok to become a trader, and use other peoples work to our own advantage??

I personally would not pay £90. The only reason I had someone else do mine, was because I cannot solder very well.

I know feck all about cable, and I would pay the going rate for someone to sort it for me if I wanted it doing. Where you learn your skills is irrelevant.

You can charge what you want for anything, whether you getcustom is another matter.

The £90 is more than the double the going rate, but, he quoted the price.....No-one forces anyones hand to pay it, and if its a case of not having the 360 for 3 days he could have posted it to many an X-S member, DW or the numerous other console modification forums.

Last edited:
All very intresting, however where should a weegie go if they can not mod there 360 and want it done for them ???

if you know a good place or person please pm me

I know feck all about cable, and I would pay the going rate for someone to sort it for me if I wanted it doing. Where you learn your skills is irrelevant.

You can charge what you want for anything, whether you getcustom is another matter.

The £90 is more than the double the going rate, but, he quoted the price.....No-one forces anyones hand to pay it, and if its a case of not having the 360 for 3 days he could have posted it to many an X-S member, DW or the numerous other console modification forums.

I only used cable as an example mate. I appreciate what your saying, just that someone is willing to pay it, dont mean you should charge it. People are willing to pay £2 a litre, dont mean that people should charge that much for it.

I used to mod DW members consoles for free, that was until i found out that one particular person was getting me to mod them then he was SELLING them making a hefty profit for himself.

The Twat.

:(

just that someone is willing to pay it, dont mean you should charge it. People are willing to pay £2 a litre, dont mean that people should charge that much for it.

I totally agree.

Obviously others dont, and its people who continue to use them that will encourage them to continue charging the earth.

**Edit** Witchy - that is terrible, good initiative though to be fair but unacceptable to be taking advantage of a members goodwill.

I used to mod DW members consoles for free, that was until i found out that one particular person was getting me to mod them then he was SELLING them making a hefty profit for himself.

The Twat.

Lol. Must of had balls the size of melons mate. Just goes to show, that money makes the world go around.

The Twat.

was he kicked off the forum and if he wasnt he should have been, the problem is i do favours for people building comps , xboxes but i find sooner all later they all take piss in the end.

Back