manually move motor - dm800se

leahyt8

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
how goes all.. am pulling my hair out here.. had to replace dish

previously used dm500 and manually stored sats... easy done touch west /east etc.

now on the 800se and have used usuals (with limited success :( - Thanks to JTH for the help so far)

my motor drives from dead on 0 (thor) to sly uk, but rather than stopping at 28 on the motor it continued past it to about 34!!

i have reduced my latitude to 0 west and now the motor drives to 30 giving me only 50% signal.. which has the obv knock on effect

Is there anyway i can get the motor to move further west? through lattitude
or is there a method of manually moving the sat and storing the locaton as was a simple task on the 500s
cheers

Your first problem is your dish is out as 0.8° west Thor is not as you say Dead Zero on the motor, '0' on the motor is your true south setting thor should be slightly just off the centre '0'.

You can alter your Lat settings all day long but it wont compensate for your Motor/Dish being out of alignment, You need to realign this first as USALS is an exact calculation and not as forgiving as Diseqc 1.2 as you have already found out.

Cheers .. I'll check that out when am back home... Is there anyway of using disceq on this box at all it's bloody killing me

Cheers .. I'll check that out when am back home... Is there anyway of using disceq on this box at all it's bloody killing me

Yes just change from Simple - USALS back to Advanced setup and use Diseqc 1.2, as you know you will have to manually store each satellite as you go along

that looks like a while new ballgame... much more configurations than the 500..
anyone set it up using this??

ok been a busy few days and not had a chance to have a look at the motor tomorrow hopefully....

is there any reason that the motor would drive to 32 for sly uk?? which sits at 28.2?? cheers

ok been a busy few days and not had a chance to have a look at the motor tomorrow hopefully....

is there any reason that the motor would drive to 32 for sly uk?? which sits at 28.2?? cheers

How do you know its going to 32?
Or is this the reading on the motor body you are talking about?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Take the reading on the motor body with a pinch of salt its there for reference only and is not an exact/precise scale.

Take the reading on the motor body with a pinch of salt its there for reference only and is not an exact/precise scale.

That's exactly where I was heading lol

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

thanks guys ... yeah its the reading on the motor ... just heading up for a look now!!

ok so i've checked the arm... plumb both horizontal and vertical, as far as am aware dish is dead on 0' on motor, i can get 82% on bbc news at thor.. but when i drive to 28.2 i'm only getting 50% signal.... any thoughts would be great!!!

ok so i've checked the arm... plumb both horizontal and vertical, as far as am aware dish is dead on 0' on motor, i can get 82% on bbc news at thor.. but when i drive to 28.2 i'm only getting 50% signal.... any thoughts would be great!!!

We maybe at cross wires here so are you saying when the motor is on dead '0' mark that you get 82% on Thor BBC news, If so then as previously stated your ARC is not right and again Thor will be slightly off the '0' mark and not on it until this is rectified you wont track the arc correctly infact the further east you go the more the signal will drop.

sorry digi247, maybe i'm losing the plot with this fecker:Kickassro
i have the dish lined up dead on zero with the motor,
i then drive the motor to thor bbc news and line up the sat that way.. getting 82% signal.. then move to 28.2 and drops to 50%..... i'm stumped! as i thought this was the correct method of lining up correctly?

again any thoughts much appreciated

sorry digi247, maybe i'm losing the plot with this fecker:Kickassro
i have the dish lined up dead on zero with the motor,
i then drive the motor to thor bbc news and line up the sat that way.. getting 82% signal.. then move to 28.2 and drops to 50%..... i'm stumped! as i thought this was the correct method of lining up correctly?

again any thoughts much appreciated

Sounds like your doing it correctly, could you just check that when your on 0.8° west that the marker on the underside is just slightly off '0' if it is then your there, If your losing signal strengh going down the ARC then your Pole/Bracket is not straight

Could you confirm your co-ordinates are entered correctly.

yeah i've adjusted co-ordinates very slightly also to check for signal changes

Digi - yeah motor is just off 0' - maybe a bum level? as it seems plum both horizontally and vertically.... back to the drawing board for now me thinks..

Back