Manual Scan Help Frequency & Symbol Rate

xxnoelziexx

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello guys everything has gone easy up to this point I can't remember this for the life of me and having problems with the scan.

I know I need to know the:

Symbol Rate
Frequency

I live in Greenwich (Ex cable and wirless area)

When using my old Dbox the scan was so much easier I just used to select 6952 and for it to find all channels that was it.

Any help would be great.

So far I have found out the below details of what I think they should be

Default frequency 666.750
Smbol Rate 6.952
QAM 064

Putting the frequency in it doesn't seem to find anything.

If that is the default frequency for your area activate NIT.
If that is a valid frequency but not the default frequency activate BAT and ONID in the options for scanning.

still no luck using them options frequecy keeps reverting to 00066 Mhz and finds nothing.
should symbol rate be 06952 KSymb/s or
69520 KSymb/s

I know the settings in my first pos are 100% correct as these have been taken from a pace box which works if I plug it in to my cable feed (Engineers menu)

ajones1722 was kind to pm the below info:

Will be trying this tomorrow morning and will post feedback here.

then go into menu, tools, service searching, manual scan, enter frequency (mine for nottingham area is 00643), check the Inv: box, modulation is 64-QAM, FEC is 3/4, symbol rate (mine is 06887) , LOCK and SYNC should automatically 'check' themselves if Freq and Symbol correct, check the 'use ONIT box, check the 'use BAT' box , check the 'network search, box
then start scan. Mine took about 5 mins to get all the channels.
I would say you need a good strong signal to the box as when i did mine upstairs in the 'office' (where the signal is weak i got hardly any channels.

goodluck!

symbol rate should be 06952. your frequency looks funny. mine is just 00571. if you have the right frequency then the LOCK and SYNC should automatically check themselfs. but if they aren't doing that i can only persume you've got the wrong freq. just try playing about with like 00570 leave out the decimal point.

strange as this is what I got from my engineers menu on my pace box which works fine on my feed.

I will try below
symbol rate should be 06952 - I am 100% sure this is right when I use my dbox this is the (SR) I search under.
00750 or 00666
Can really be one or the other I assume lol

Will post my findings.

Almost there :)

scan took around 5 minutes and got the below.

27 Transponders
196 New TV Services
42 New Radio Services and
27 New Data services
30 Transponders within 256 Services scanned

I now have an error on screen Switch service could not be found in a blue box.

No EPG or image for any channel or anything is there something else I must do?

anyone?

try resettimg evocamd by pressing the blue buuton then yellow. it should have evo camd 5.5 in the box dont choose common interface

My dreambox is working I can now see TV thanks to you lot and pm's from ajones1722 and leefield is there a problem with front row when doing scans? I had this problem on a dobx image where it would only find a few Front row channels. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have a small freq issue under the Nuetrino image, it has a manual scan setting but the freq and symbol rate are not easily figured i.e I have 8 boxes to enter numbers into, I have tried various combos i.e NNN, 00000NNN, 00NNN000 & NNN00000 but never get a succesful scan, the Automatic scan works but want to do manual for VOD any ideas?

Back