Manchester United thread

wouldnt have bothered mate cant even beat pompey they piss me off sometimes united man and to top it all of ronaldo get sent off so no ronaldo or rooney against city we'll struggle against them as well

wouldnt have bothered mate cant even beat pompey they piss me off sometimes united man and to top it all of ronaldo get sent off so no ronaldo or rooney against city we'll struggle against them as well

CANT EVEN BEAT POMPEY !!! Youve only beaten us once in the last five at Fratton park

I'm no Utd fan, but I heard today that the last time Man Utd had a bad a start as this they went onto win the treble? (The Impossible Dream). Please correct me if this is wrong? I'm not sure if it is or not?

A club as big a Man Utd should be prepared to lose top players like Rooney and Ronaldo and still field a winning team? If they can't, then there's something far wrong? IMO :)

Last edited:
I'm no Utd fan, but I heard today that the last time Man Utd had a bad a start as this they went onto win the treble? (The Impossible Dream). Please correct me if this is wrong? I'm not sure if it is or not?

A club as big a Man Utd should be prepared to lose top players like Rooney and Ronaldo and still field a winning team? If they can't, then there's something far wrong? IMO :)

True this in 99 united drew 2-2 with leicester city and then had a 0-0 with west ham and 2 games later arsenal hammered united 3-0. After that united dint lose again until late december. I remember ole gunnar coming on in the 80th minute against notts forest and grabbing 4 goals in a 8-1 victory. Ahh them were the days. Still giving Chelsea a four point head start after just 2 games is probably not the best way to defend a title and if united run true to past endeavours they will do it the hard way.

Last edited:
True this in 99 united drew 2-2 with leicester city and then had a 0-0 with west ham and 2 games later arsenal hammered united 3-0. After that united dint lose again until late december. I remember ole gunnar coming on in the 80th minute against notts forest and grabbing 4 goals in a 8-1 victory. Ahh them were the days. Still giving Chelsea a four point head start after just 2 games is probably not the best way to defend a title and if united run true to past endeavours they will do it the hard way.

nice one m8

with no Ronnie and Roony this would be my first team

.....................VDS........................

.Pique.......Rio.........Vidic........Evra..

Nani...Hargreaves...Carrick...Giggs..

............Scholes
........................Tevez

Subs: Kuzcak, O'Shea, Anderson, Eagles, Brown

............Scholes

i'd probably go with that team as well

you want to get yourselfs a motorized technomate sat setup and u would have been able to watch it,,,,the only prroblem is foreighn commentry lol

you want to get yourselfs a motorized technomate sat setup and u would have been able to watch it,,,,the only prroblem is foreighn commentry lol

I watched it on DigitALB with English commentary. Should have killed the game off in the first half.

............Scholes

This would be how id go

...........................VDS...........................

Brown......Rio.........Vidic...........Evra

Fletcher.....Scholes...Carrick.....Nani

...........................Giggs
....................Tevez

bench for me O'shea,hargreaves,anderson,eagles,kuzcak

Hargreaves id maybe give some minutes for his fitness and id think about anderson for fletcher with nani then playing right and anderson left.
With this formation giggs and nani could drop into each others positions and scholes is free further back to split defences and get space.

what the hell is going on we cant find the net for god sakes havent won a game since becoming champions proper disgrace :(

i dunno how we can manage to start off this bad we out playing teams its unreal

we couldnt score in a brothel.

absolute garbage.

play good football but dont know where the goal is.

it doesnt look good chaps for the season, i know its early, but what chance we got, you have to score goals to win matches.

i am plased we didnt get a penalty we would have missed that too.
I am sick as fook.
its been a bad day all round.

To many new signing played in today's match. You need to stick with your tried and tested players. Players need time to gel.

Back