Manchester United thread

Wrong what a change the spoilt brat players have become. 2 managers they went on strike over and got what they wanted in the end. Now do you know whether Mr Webb is due to come out of retirement yet .m8?.😉
I don’t disagree with your view on the spoilt brat players but ‘the special one’ seemed to carry an aura of doom and gloom with him most of the time and that has to drag the people around you down. I imagine it is hard to play at your best when surrounded by that, day in and day out. No news on Mr Webb unfortunately 😉

I don’t disagree with your view on the spoilt brat players but ‘the special one’ seemed to carry an aura of doom and gloom with him most of the time and that has to drag the people around you down. I imagine it is hard to play at your best when surrounded by that, day in and day out. No news on Mr Webb unfortunately 😉

I agree. None of this batch of utd players started or set out to dislike/not perform for Jose. It’s not in their best interest in any way.

Its a reaction to his management as a whole. Keeping your players motivated, interested and hungry is part of the managers role like it or not and he failed to do that and then got the hump about it all. IMO

Even Ferdinand, Owen and Hargreaves said it was NOT hand ball.
Aye, but the 3 officials and the one in the studio said that "in the laws of the game" it was handball. Think the fact that Kimpembe had eyes on the ball right up until a split second before it struck his arm made the var refs mind up.

Peter Walton (studio referee) “We called it straight away,” he said. “The way Kimpembe has gone up there, left his arm out, turned his back, and made himself bigger. This is exactly why VAR has been brought in. VAR has to decide if it’s in the area so that he can adjudicate on it. For me, that’s a handball. He’s turned his back, not taken responsibility for his arm. It’s a penalty kick.”

Sweet justice that, It was Kimpembe who scored PSG's first goal at OT when he should have been sent off twice before he scored.

Anyway, enough of this nonsense, we are into the quarters in record breaking fashion and here's what mad Pat made of it all.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Aye, but the 3 officials and the one in the studio said that "in the laws of the game" it was handball. Think the fact that Kimpembe had eyes on the ball right up until a split second before it struck his arm made the var refs mind up.

Peter Walton (studio referee) “We called it straight away,” he said. “The way Kimpembe has gone up there, left his arm out, turned his back, and made himself bigger. This is exactly why VAR has been brought in. VAR has to decide if it’s in the area so that he can adjudicate on it. For me, that’s a handball. He’s turned his back, not taken responsibility for his arm. It’s a penalty kick.”

Sweet justice that, It was Kimpembe who scored PSG's first goal at OT when he should have been sent off twice before he scored.

Anyway, enough of this nonsense, we are into the quarters in record breaking fashion and here's what mad Pat made of it all.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

😂😂😂😂😂😂
What's he shouting @gasman Arsenal?. 😉😂😂😂

What's he shouting @gasman Arsenal?. 😉😂😂😂
He's shouting "I love this game" 😁

Massive statement miggy. United look like United again. The spirit, the never say die attitude has returned. Matters little who pulls on that shirt, the drive and fearless mentality of the of the entire squad is the same.

Let's face it, you've missed us :) CL football has missed us, the reaction from us and the positive waves across the continent show that everyone is glad to have us back.

He's shouting "I love this game" 😁

Massive statement miggy. United look like United again. The spirit, the never say die attitude has returned. Matters little who pulls on that shirt, the drive and fearless mentality of the of the entire squad is the same.

Let's face it, you've missed us :) CL football has missed us, the reaction from us and the positive waves across the continent show that everyone is glad to have us back.
Too late was the cry! maybe next season @gasman Maureen fooked it up for you for half this season. lol what a guy.😉😘

In fairness, we can but admire what OGS has achieved, and how he's turned the fortunes around. And whilst the result was very fortuitous the other night, as Gasman said, by the letter of the law it's a penalty. That's not to say they didn't ride their luck massively, but in football that happens.

As for the perm appointment, I dont think realistically anyone else can even be offered the job, as unless they romped the league and won the CL, then questions would be asked about why OGS didn't get it. However at the sametime, I do wonder how much of this has been because of the lack of pressure on OGS, and him only being a "caretaker" manager until the end of the season.

I think we can only congratulate and admire what OGS has achieved, and if/when he gets the job then he should be judged upon that season. I honestly dont see MU returning to challenging for the title, I dont think they have the squad at present to challenge MC/Liv, however they would be serious contenders for the other places, and with a few of the right signings they could likely get a lot closer than they have been for quite sometime.

You don’t win any major in football without a bit of luck and as for OGS I think the player’s respect him because he comes across as a genuinely nice bloke and also for his achievements at United.
Has he got the ruthlessness that Fergy had. Only time would tell and that’s if he is even given the opportunity.

You don’t win any major in football without a bit of luck and as for OGS I think the player’s respect him because he comes across as a genuinely nice bloke and also for his achievements at United.
Has he got the ruthlessness that Fergy had. Only time would tell and that’s if he is even given the opportunity.
Ferguson is Ole's puppetmaster he is trying to teach him the old way. What is all this crap that some people are saying that Ole is a genius, he is just doing as he is told or your up the road with the hairdryer.

Has he got the ruthlessness that Fergy had.
He's already shown it. Lukaku was straight on the bench, when under Mourinho he started every week. Fellaini is in China. Sanchez, dropped, he tried Fred and the hooked him.
He's doing it all respectfully though, just as a good manager should, he's basically giving them something to fight for. Lukaku has answered the call, Sanchez keeps trying but he really does look a lost cause. Fred was absolutely superb for us against PSG. Sniffed out anything that came near him and then joined in any break outs with sharp and quick passes. Ruthless and positive.

Solksjaer for want of better wording, has given us (the fans) our club back.

He's already shown it. Lukaku was straight on the bench, when under Mourinho he started every week. Fellaini is in China. Sanchez, dropped, he tried Fred and the hooked him.
He's doing it all respectfully though, just as a good manager should, he's basically giving them something to fight for. Lukaku has answered the call, Sanchez keeps trying but he really does look a lost cause. Fred was absolutely superb for us against PSG. Sniffed out anything that came near him and then joined in any break outs with sharp and quick passes. Ruthless and positive.

Solksjaer for want of better wording, has given us (the fans) our club back.
7TSm.gif

Ferguson is Ole's puppetmaster
😂
he is trying to teach him the old way.
This contradicts quote 1 and 3
What is all this crap that some people are saying that Ole is a genius, he is just doing as he is told or your up the road with the hairdryer.

I hope with all my heart that Solksjaer is being taught by the best manager we've ever seen. Getting visions of meme's of Obi Wan with fergies face on and Ole's face on Skywalker 😁

Don't be bitter migster, not sure how many managers could have negotiated that tie from that position and with the injuries to the squad. 10 players missing in total 5 of them would have started. Half of your starting 10 outfield players out and yet Ole somehow found a way. Not sure that even old fergie could have found a way out of that.

We have our club back. I imagine not one City fan wants theirs back 😅

Kind of expected that after the euphoria in the week, very lethargic performance from us. Didn't get going for at least 20 minutes and by that time we'd suffered that freak goal/mistake by De Gea.
Credit to Arsenal, they set up well to combat our high press, Xhaka controlled the game for large periods, bad end for us to a really tough run of games.
John Moss is a big fat homer of a referee, never a penalty, fat useless weapon.

Kind of expected that after the euphoria in the week, very lethargic performance from us. Didn't get going for at least 20 minutes and by that time we'd suffered that freak goal/mistake by De Gea.
Credit to Arsenal, they set up well to combat our high press, Xhaka controlled the game for large periods, bad end for us to a really tough run of games.
John Moss is a big fat homer of a referee, never a penalty, fat useless weapon.

Pity you couldnt have had that PSG european ref, or Man Citys ref you would have had a couple of pens awarded.
I think that you need to win the rest of your games now to get top 4, can you do that?

Pity you couldnt have had that PSG european ref, or Man Citys ref you would have had a couple of pens awarded.
I think that you need to win the rest of your games now to get top 4, can you do that?
We just need to stay in it. Spurs and Arsenal are catchable.

We've asked to have a few of Liverpools refs from this season, save us messing about with offside traps.

So the CL draw is complete, and bar the Liverpool draw, it looks hard for Man U and Spurs. Spurs must be gutted to have drawn the favourites of the tournament, as Utd will be gutted to have drawn the 2nd fav's of the tournament. Not out of the question for Utd to knock out Barca, but I do think it'll be very difficult for them.

Liverpool will be extremely pleased with the draw against Porto, only Ajax perhaps would've been a better draw. Still guaranteed at least 1 team in the Semis (Spurs/City).

2nd loss in a row, are the wheels coming off the OGS train, another poor performance yesterday, Wolves outplayed Utd and should've won by more.

No doubt Wolves deserved their win, the bit that worried me was that many of theirs attacks were from passes out to the right wing and I don't think there was a single time that United had someone out there marking, they were wide open to it every time.

Hmm an
2nd loss in a row, are the wheels coming off the OGS train, another poor performance yesterday, Wolves outplayed Utd and should've won by more.

From what I saw of the game Superman Pogba reverted to type Lazyman Pogba I hd forhotten he was playing until the second half when I saw him jogging forward to support the attack instead of busting a gut to get there.
Lazyboy

Back