Manchester United thread

@gasman I've been critical of the team in the past, but today they've proved that they can mix it with the bigger boys. Whilst De Gea was likely the difference between the two, credit it where is due, OGS seems to be doing a sterling job. You need to give Dea Gea 500k a week like Sanchez and sign him up on a long term deal, I dont believe there are many better keepers in the world, nor teams that could afford to buy him. I doth my hat in respect.
He's been absolutely flawless. His team on the field, his appearances in the press.

Be just like our board to give it someone else when the answer is right under their noses.

Ah well Poch 0 - 1 Ole

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's been absolutely flawless. His team on the field, his appearances in the press.

Be just like our board to give it someone else when the answer is right under their noses.

Ah well Poch 0 - 1 Ole

On another day, it could've been 5 to Spurs. De Gea made some wonderful saves, and with a lesser keeper it would've been a rout. But that's why he's seen as one of the best in the world. Honestly, without him I think you'd be in much more trouble. OGS again has done well, if this continues, then I dont see how they cannot at least offer him the job and see where it goes.

On another day, it could've been 5 to Spurs. De Gea made some wonderful saves, and with a lesser keeper it would've been a rout. But that's why he's seen as one of the best in the world. Honestly, without him I think you'd be in much more trouble. OGS again has done well, if this continues, then I dont see how they cannot at least offer him the job and see where it goes.
Spurs couldn’t finish. 1-2 saves from De Gea were really top drawer but the rest was just poor.
Solskjaer outwitted Poch in the first half, exploiting them around the sides by playing Rashford and Martial as wide forwards. We were superb in the first half and De Gea had next to nothing to do.
Poch found some answers to his problems in the second half but it was ultimately United tiring that invited spurs on. Playing in Mourinhos compact system where you’re not allowed to move out of your designated box has crippled the teams fitness. We will sort that in the coming weeks.
As for OGS, he’s currently the best manager in the league based on form. He would walk manager of the month if not for the bias he will face.
But, let’s face facts, it was only spurs. Or as Ferguson once said “Lads, it’s Tottenham”

Anyway, let us celebrate his absolutely magnificent achievement as Manchester United manager.

It’s only Brighton next for United, and they play at 3pm next Saturday. Arsenal will face Chelsea at 5:30 which could be a defining day in the race for top four.

After Brighton, it’s only Burnley for United. Then it’s only Leicester and only Fulham.

We might find out if Ole being at the wheel is a worthy appointment in the game following all of those piss easy fixtures 😂

Last edited:
That’s 8 wins from 8 games under Solskjaer, league winning the form and the form team in the league. We’ve caught Arsenal and almost caught Chelsea, It looks like we will catch spurs if this carries on.
We knocked Arsenal out last night the very way that you should knock Arsenal out, give them the ball and wait, when the inevitable mistake comes you pounce and be clinical. We did very little in the game, just outscored them, the second goal was classic United versus Arsenal.
So, it’s becoming more and more obvious that we have found our man. Ole’s at the wheel and it’s where he should stay, young dynamic manager that understands the clubs philosophy and is using the players bought to underpin that philosophy, properly.
Nobody wants to play United at the minute, we’ve looked to blow teams away as our fitness wasn’t high enough but even that now is creeping up and we can be more patient.

That’s 8 wins from 8 games under Solskjaer, league winning the form and the form team in the league. We’ve caught Arsenal and almost caught Chelsea, It looks like we will catch spurs if this carries on.
We knocked Arsenal out last night the very way that you should knock Arsenal out, give them the ball and wait, when the inevitable mistake comes you pounce and be clinical. We did very little in the game, just outscored them, the second goal was classic United versus Arsenal.
So, it’s becoming more and more obvious that we have found our man. Ole’s at the wheel and it’s where he should stay, young dynamic manager that understands the clubs philosophy and is using the players bought to underpin that philosophy, properly.
Nobody wants to play United at the minute, we’ve looked to blow teams away as our fitness wasn’t high enough but even that now is creeping up and we can be more patient.
Wrong gasman he doesn't understand the philosophy yet.He is Ferguson's puppet.Do you honestly think Ole could have pulled a stroke like that?.Dream on dude.

Wrong gasman he doesn't understand the philosophy yet.He is Ferguson's puppet.Do you honestly think Ole could have pulled a stroke like that?.Dream on dude.

Ole has pulled a stroke like that, he did it last night and don’t worry, he will do it against Liverpool aswell.
The biggest influence in OGS football career was SAF so of course he’s going to show elements of his own tactical nouse, he listened to it for 11 years as a player and 4 more as youth team coach.
Ferguson has returned in a consultancy role and its working very well. Don’t you think miggy 😁
In all walks of life we have a master and an apprentice, it’s how the skills are passed across generations. Ole is the perfect man to carry on the tradition of the club, whatever is happening, it’s getting results. That’s all that matters isn’t it 💪

Ole has pulled a stroke like that, he did it last night and don’t worry, he will do it against Liverpool aswell.
The biggest influence in OGS football career was SAF so of course he’s going to show elements of his own tactical nouse, he listened to it for 11 years as a player and 4 more as youth team coach.
Ferguson has returned in a consultancy role and its working very well. Don’t you think miggy 😁
In all walks of life we have a master and an apprentice, it’s how the skills are passed across generations. Ole is the perfect man to carry on the tradition of the club, whatever is happening, it’s getting results. That’s all that matters isn’t it 💪
Just make sure you beat Liverpool gasman that's all. One job to do fella.👍🤔😳

In fairness bar the Spurs game, imo all the other games are games you would be expected to win. Arsenal are all over the place atm, up and down like a whore's draws. But credit where it's due, OGS is getting the best out of that team. However, what happens when he loses 1/2/3 games, will things change then?

Again though, take nothing away from MU or OGS, I tip my hat to them.

Just make sure you beat Liverpool gasman that's all. One job to do fella.👍🤔😳
You’ve got some front you have.
25 years we stopped them getting anywhere near it. 5 minutes you’ve been in the job and they’ve had to spunk it up themselves twice.
Miggy you lot have had your chance but I’m sorry to say that you’re sacked. Ole is now at wheel and United will be taking the job again full time as of now.
Bloody useless mate.

Apart from the fact that it might cost you a Champions League place if you drop points agaianst City.
It would be interesting to see how Ole does in the Europa League.
Nar, Spurs are declining fast and Arsenal have gone. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us catch Spurs and Chelsea.

Nar, Spurs are declining fast and Arsenal have gone. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us catch Spurs and Chelsea.

Wonder if Poch has had his head turned, and that's part of the problem. Although they do have some serious injuries atm, but just goes to prove how little depth they have in their squad.

Wonder if Poch has had his head turned, and that's part of the problem. Although they do have some serious injuries atm, but just goes to prove how little depth they have in their squad.

As I recall Tottenham were doing well when Arry was well in the frame for the England job.
They dropped like a stone Arry didnt get the England job but he did get the sack.

Of course his heads turned.

He can keep the spurs job for me, not got the mentality for the United job.

Mauricio Pochettino claims trophies “only build your ego”.
The Argentine told reporters after his side's 2-0 defeat at Selhurst Park: “Again we're going to have the debate whether a trophy will take the club to the next level.
“I don't agree with it. It only builds your ego. The most important thing for Tottenham right now is to always be in the top four.”

Yea mate, trophies pfffft who needs those in a world where the only aim is to win trophies 😂
Sounds like Klopp, the 🔔 end

Can anybody point me to an android link for tonight's game please? My mate's looking & I'm struggling to find one for him.
Thanks in advance,
HH.

What a crappy game gasman.You got taken apart by a team that we beat 5-0? .Dream on dude you are not there yet.😘😂😂

What a crappy game gasman.You got taken apart by a team that we beat 5-0? .Dream on dude you are not there yet.😘😂😂
We have beaten Newcastle twice. How did you fair in your defence of the title?

Back