Manchester United thread

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And definitely a bottle whiskey got f@@@@@ last night
emoji23.png

From the looks of some of his other post I would say so🤭😂

We’ve got Ole in as a temp measure and that feels like a win win for both parties. 2018-19 is a write off for the fans now so whatever happens under from now until May doesn’t really matter. Ole can walk away with his legacy in tact and the club has time to sort out a new DOF, a proper football guy who can act as go between for manager, board and the scouting system.

I feel positive about the future.

Unless he takes you down...

Clearly Utd want to get Pochettino, and are going to wait until the end of season to try. If they wanted Zidane, then he'd be installed straight away, as he's out of work. Unless they go left field and get someone completely different.

Even under Poch, it's a massive rebuilding job, he'll want to bring in his own players, so a mass clear out is inevitable. Still IMHO going to be a good few years before you're back up there challenging for the title, and in fairness probably a 1Bn investment in players.

If you dont get Europe next year, then your transfer business will suffer, which will lead to a further downturn in the club. Bit of a catch 22 unfortunately, and the way Levy plays things, you're not going to get Poch cheap. I've seen 40M quoted, but id suspect Levy is going to ask for double that.

Naa, this group of players has a lower level of where it could get too, the squad is just to good.

Even under Poch, it's a massive rebuilding job, he'll want to bring in his own players, so a mass clear out is inevitable. Still IMHO going to be a good few years before you're back up there challenging for the title, and in fairness probably a 1Bn investment in players.

Don't agree with this in the slightest, yes we have some deadwood that needs stripping, Fellaini,Jones etc but the squad we have is absolutely top draw. Martial, Rashford, Sanchez are 3 top attackers Martial is easily one of the best attacking players in the league. Pogba (on his day) is the best midfielder in the country. herrera is skillfukl, energetic and quick, Fred has so much more to give in the right system. Defence is a weak point but Shaw and Dalot are young fullbacks so full of pace and promise. Bailly is our best CB and has been outcast by his old manager for personal reasons. Lindeloff I don't rate but has improved massively in the last few months and Smalling is as good a 3rd choice CB as you need. Young can do a job but looks to going over the hill, Valencia has gone over it ages ago. I'll agree that the squad needs freshening up, sure, but a massive rebuild is proper over egging it.

If you dont get Europe next year, then your transfer business will suffer, which will lead to a further downturn in the club. Bit of a catch 22 unfortunately, and the way Levy plays things, you're not going to get Poch cheap. I've seen 40M quoted, but id suspect Levy is going to ask for double that.

Don't agree with this either, you are talking about one of the biggest jobs in world football, only Barca and Madrid are the same sort of stature and size. Imagine being the one to turn Manchester United around, that would take some turning down. it's been a poisoned chalice since Fergie and Gill retired but us taking this time now to look into where we've been going wrong and correcting it, maybe installing a sporting director etc and then sourcing a top manager ho's prepared to work under that system.
Poch would jump at it.

Our transfer business hasn't suffered due to being out of Europe, we signed Pogba under that scenario. Our transfeer business suffers when Ed Woodward get's involved.

I
Naa, this group of players has a lower level of where it could get too, the squad is just to good.

Don't agree with this in the slightest, yes we have some deadwood that needs stripping, Fellaini,Jones etc but the squad we have is absolutely top draw. Martial, Rashford, Sanchez are 3 top attackers Martial is easily one of the best attacking players in the league. Pogba (on his day) is the best midfielder in the country. herrera is skillfukl, energetic and quick, Fred has so much more to give in the right system. Defence is a weak point but Shaw and Dalot are young fullbacks so full of pace and promise. Bailly is our best CB and has been outcast by his old manager for personal reasons. Lindeloff I don't rate but has improved massively in the last few months and Smalling is as good a 3rd choice CB as you need. Young can do a job but looks to going over the hill, Valencia has gone over it ages ago. I'll agree that the squad needs freshening up, sure, but a massive rebuild is proper over egging it.

Don't agree with this either, you are talking about one of the biggest jobs in world football, only Barca and Madrid are the same sort of stature and size. Imagine being the one to turn Manchester United around, that would take some turning down. it's been a poisoned chalice since Fergie and Gill retired but us taking this time now to look into where we've been going wrong and correcting it, maybe installing a sporting director etc and then sourcing a top manager ho's prepared to work under that system.
Poch would jump at it.

Our transfer business hasn't suffered due to being out of Europe, we signed Pogba under that scenario. Our transfeer business suffers when Ed Woodward get's involved.

Not sure Poch would jump at it, Man Utd has now retired its last 3 managers, and their credibility has taken a huge dip.
Imagine being the next manager ruined by the Man Utd job.
They currently have a bunch of players that have not performed to their ability for Manchester United, and got their manager the sack.
Why would you leave Spurs to jump into that vipers nest.
And if Daniel Levy digs his heels in he wont be coming in the summer (remember Modric, remember Bale)

I

Poch would jump at it.

Not sure Poch would jump at it, Man Utd has now retired its last 3 managers, and their credibility has taken a huge dip.
Imagine being the next manager ruined by the Man Utd job.
They currently have a bunch of players that have not performed to their ability for Manchester United, and got their manager the sack.
Why would you leave Spurs to jump into that vipers nest.
And if Daniel Levy digs his heels in he wont be coming in the summer (remember Modric, remember Bale)

Because it’s Manchester United.

Twitter link to his presser.

Press will struggle to stir up hate towards this guy. He’s just such a likeable lad.

Press will struggle to stir up hate towards this guy. He’s just such a likeable lad.

Well at least they're beating Cardiff ;)

Well at least they're battering Cardiff ;)

Fixed that for nobes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clearly Utd want to get Pochettino, and are going to wait until the end of season to try. If they wanted Zidane, then he'd be installed straight away, as he's out of work. Unless they go left field and get someone completely different.

I agree but in the end money talks and for that reason united
Winning trophies is not the only measure of success.
Improving players and improving the team, then creating an attractive and exciting way of playing is also a measure of success.
Its only a matter of time before Klopp wins another trophy.
The only trophy that I can see on Uniteds horizon is the Championship Trophy a few years after they get relegated.
at the end of the day it is the manner of which you win trophies, united are playing dave sexton style football, remember what happened to him

True but no mean feat, it was the way they played that was more encouraging

True but no mean feat, it was the way they played that was more encouraging
all united supporters want is to be entertained, the trophies will follow

they played with style, a blast from the past

it looks like we are back on track, Moyes started all this by getting rid of mike phelan and the rest of the backroom staff

Back