Manchester United thread

I've said it for the past few years, Maguire is a good defender but never in the memory of man a world class defender, he lacks in certain area's.

World class central defenders need to possess 4 main attributes,
Pace,
Awareness and anticipation,
Strength in the challenge,
Leadership from the back,

Maguire has only one, he's a lump. He couldn't lace Vidic or Yaap Stam's boots.

Ronaldo's arrival has done nothing bar and hinder forcing the manager to bench certain young players and rotate match to match just to please one individual.

Ronaldo's reaction to been left on the bench the other week was dummy spitting stuff of the highest order.

Yesterday's game simply highlighted everything that's wrong with Utd. After the game Solskjær basically admitted his tactics were to crowd please not the win the game.

I had to laugh when I heard some Utd fans last night asking for Gerrard to take the helm.

Even better, an inside job :)

I've said it for the past few years, Maguire is a good defender but never in the memory of man a world class defender, he lacks in certain area's.

World class central defenders need to possess 4 main attributes,
Pace,
Awareness and anticipation,
Strength in the challenge,
Leadership from the back,

Maguire has only one, he's a lump. He couldn't lace Vidic or Yaap Stam's boots.

Ronaldo's arrival has done nothing bar and hinder forcing the manager to bench certain young players and rotate match to match just to please one individual.

Ronaldo's reaction to been left on the bench the other week was dummy spitting stuff of the highest order.

Yesterday's game simply highlighted everything that's wrong with Utd. After the game Solskjær basically admitted his tactics were to crowd please not the win the game.

I had to laugh when I heard some Utd fans last night asking for Gerrard to take the helm.

Even better, an inside job :)
Give Brucey a chance he knows the club inside out.

Give Brucey a chance he knows the club inside out.
I don't think Bruce could cope with it, it's a hot spud club right now. I personally think it needs a young ambitious ruthless manager who holds no punches no ties who's not scared to dump Ronaldo on the bench if needed for the better of the club.

I watched a video the other day of Thomas Tuchel on the training pitch and his demands very Guardiola-esk but players were all listening and switched on to his idea's.

Do you think Pogba gives a flying fcuk about the club or the likes of smiley Martial ?.
Take de Gea, why on hell did they pay him the money they pay him when he could have gone Madrid for a fortune?.

Then there's Rashford ffs, the new Wellbeck the type of player who will never quite make it and shows about as much emotion as Victor Meldrew smile you miserable tw#t. The days of a player grabbing and kissing the Utd badge have long long gone.

They pay crazy money for the likes of Sancho then bench him along with de Beek. Take Daniel James pace to burn. Let's not forget he only made his Swansea debut 3 years ago. He arrives, scores, player of the month by fans then its in out in out of poor and average sides.

The only way forward is a mass clearout. They need to let at least 10-12 players go. Build a team around the likes of Greenwood and Sancho and any dummy spitting moaners plus the end of career money grabbers need to be shown the door.

If I owned Utd I would sack Oli today and bring in Marc Overmars it's a no brainer. He played the game, knows the English game and comes from the were some of the World greats have come from, Dutch football and Ajax. They have a style and a formula of football that's exciting and the blueprint for every big club i.e. Barcelona

Last edited:
I don't think Bruce could cope with it, it's a hot spud club right now. I personally think it needs a young ambitious ruthless manager who holds no punches no ties who's not scared to dump Ronaldo on the bench if needed for the better of the club.

I watched a video the other day of Thomas Tuchel on the training pitch and his demands very Guardiola-esk but players were all listening and switched on to his idea's.

Do you think Pogba gives a flying fcuk about the club or the likes of smiley Martial ?.
Take de Gea, why on hell did they pay him the money they pay him when he could have gone Madrid for a fortune?.

Then there's Rashford ffs, the new Wellbeck the type of player who will never quite make it and shows about as much emotion as Victor Meldrew smile you miserable tw#t. The days of a player grabbing and kissing the Utd badge have long long gone.

They pay crazy money for the likes of Sancho then bench him along with de Beek. Take Daniel James pace to burn. Let's not forget he only made his Swansea debut 3 years ago. He arrives, scores, player of the month by fans then its in out in out of poor and average sides.

The only way forward is a mass clearout. They need to let at least 10-12 players go. Build a team around the likes of Greenwood and Sancho and any dummy spitting moaners plus the end of career money grabbers.

If I owned Utd I would sack Oli today and bring in Marc Overmars it's a no brainer. He played the game, knows the English game and comes from the were some of the World greats have come from, Dutch football and Ajax. They have a style and a formula of football that's exciting and the blueprint for every big club i.e. Barcelona
Very true indeed. It is certainly looking like the Ron plan has backfired. It is not the answer one man does not make a team. They have a good player in Williams a local lad. He never gets a smell in now hardly. Martial should go Pog should go, why the hell are they keeping Jones he is a liability are there for money and nothing else.

The only way forward is a mass clearout. They need to let at least 10-12 players go. Build a team around the likes of Greenwood and Sancho and any dummy spitting moaners plus the end of career money grabbers need to be shown the door.

Interesting take.

Whilst I agree with points you've made, it's more serious imo.

United have been used to being a dominating force for so long, this is their fall from grace, much like Liverpool endured in the 90s. This isn't something that can be fixed short term, and will likely take 10 years to fix, and that's going to be 10 years in the wilderness. United as a club, and their fans are unwilling to accept that, and because of that, they'll just fall further behind the pack.

Ole is nothing more than a yes man. He was installed as he was a legend at Utd, his record before this job (Bar the norweigen side) was appauling. FFS he got Cardiff relegated (Thanks Ole ;))

Utd overpay for players and wages, they only signed Ronaldo to stop him going to city. No other reason at all for it, and he's now a massive hinderance to their team and the way they play. Don't get me wrong the guy is incredible, but he's not going to resuce Utd, and will likely hurt his legacy by going back. You cannot play him and Fernandes in the same side, Portugal already show that, as they don't play together, and now Fernandes seems to be playing 2nd fiddle, even though he was their best player last season.

Marc Overmars is DOF at Ajax I believe, rather than the manager, and why would he leave Ajax to take over at a team that is faultering badly, with no real direction in sight. As DOF then possibly, but certainly not as manager imo, unless they're taking Eric Den Haag as the manager and Overmars as DOF, then perhaps that would happen.

Look what happened last time they tried to have a clearout. Moyes got sacked because of it, and they just went back to the older players who they trusted, and paid them even higher wages than they were already on. I liken it to the contract that they gave Ozil at Arsenal, it was absolute madness, but they're so worried about losing a player for free, that they think, well if we resign them for X, then someone will still buy them for Y, but the economics around that just don't work. Why are you going to leave a club paying you 300-400k a week to go and play for 100k a week. It just doesn't make financial sense. Sancho only signed for Utd because they offered him like 8x what he was on at Dortmund, and how they've treated him and De Beek is nothing short of criminal. De Beek was the engine of Ajax, and Sancho was on fire for Dortumnd, now they're being benched for a mid table side in the premiership, to be replaced by primadonnas.

Im sure the Utd fans will say ABU, and other stuff, but they've got to be realistic about where they are, and who they now are. Whilst they may be the richest club in the world, they're no longer a powerhouse within Europe, let alone within the premiership, and it must hurt them when the teams around them are doing so much better (Liverpool & City) especially.

If I was Henderson, De Beek or a few of the other decent players, i'd be in the MD/CEO's office saying look, this isn't working out, I want a transfer in Janurary, either a loan or perm. IDGAF about how much you're paying me, I want to play football, and it's not working here, therefore I need to leave. The other problem they have is, even if they sack Ole, who are they going to replace him with? All the top managers are already at big clubs, Klopp, Guardiola, Tuchel, Pochettino et al. Den Haag possibly, but would he take over from where he is at, im not sure the package is that attractive, and how much time would he be given. Utd want immediate results, and they don't have the team or resources available to achieve that. This is a massive rebuilding job, which i've said for quite sometime, and @gasman used to argue the opposite, and say how I was wrong, and various other insults. It speaks volumes that he no longer comes here as one of the most vocal and outspoken Utd supporters here, probably lost his login again ;)

Overall a massive overhaul of the team/management is required. Starting from the ground up, clearly the Utd legends are not good enough as staff or coaches to raise the players, nor are the board at identifying players to improve the squad. Varane for instance looks like a sunday league defender at times, and that's shocking as he's likely one of the best defenders in the world. For me, I would sell De Gea, sell 3 of the back 4, likely only keeping wan-bissaka and Varane, midfield keep fernandes, and get rid of the rest, install de beek, get a world class central midfielder like Kante who does the dirty work, up front replace them all, they're not good enough, then bring some youth through, add to the bench and see where they are. But again, this is going to take years to do, and Utd need ot accept that, and accept, they're no longer the dominant force. And the fans also need to accept that, and suck it up if they want success again, which I don't see happening at present for a decade or two.

I said Overmars as there was a little social media rumour that he actually fancied a pop at managing more hands on/day to day rather than DOF, he's only 48 years old.

Yep gotta agree Utd is a club that's stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. Utd use to be a club players would take a drop in wages to play for. Now their a club they have to pay through the nose for players. This does nothing more than attracts players with no passion for the job.

The funniest bit I heard was pundits saying "They need to invest in the January window"

Come one, I mean, how many £50million + players can you have at one club. Like I said get the bad eggs out, bring in players with a passion and drive for the club and the rest will fall into place.
I remember Keane once saying at one point there was at least 8 players in the changing room that could captain the club, right now I don't see a one.

As long as the Glazers can bring in Ronaldo for shirts an the Asian marketing team that will do nicely.

So its simple

Pussys out, men in

Back