Manchester United thread

They've already been transfer capped, so that turnaround is a couple of windows. Even without a ban.

If you get the right players, I think you're being overly optermistic thinking its a couple of windows, personally, I'd say more like 2-3 years.

Have they been transfer capped? I can see they were in 2014, but nothing has been said by Uefa at present, only they're investigating. You know something we don't @gasman ?

Last edited:
Pogba not played well lately since;

1) Dressing room bust up over that pogba penalty that denied lukaku chance of possible hat trick

2) Zidane's return to Real Madrid and press reports of transfer link up.

When pogba doesn't get his own way he sulks. That's why Fergie got rid of him in the first place...high maintenance.

Pogba not played well lately since;

1) Dressing room bust up over that pogba penalty that denied lukaku chance of possible hat trick

2) Zidane's return to Real Madrid and press reports of transfer link up.

When pogba doesn't get his own way he sulks. That's why Fergie got rid of him in the first place...high maintenance.

Pogba has likely had his head turned by Real Madrid, I would agree to that 100%. Fergie didn't get rid of Pogba, he refused to sign a new contract, and left on a free to Juventus. That is not being "Got rid of", Fergie wanted to keep Pogba at the club, but Pogba didn't want to stay.

@gasman serious question, with all the speculation around De Gea, and him refusing at present to sign a new contract, and with Real sniffing around again, what are you going to do if you lose arguably your best player, and one of the best keepers in the world? He's rescued you so much, and kept you getting points in so many games, he's going to be massively difficult to replace, or would you hope for a swap deal with Courtois coming the other way?

Couldn't blame De Gea for wanting out, he deserves to be in a team regularly winning titles and CL, owes us nothing,

I'd be happy to give Romero the No1 spot as I think he also deserves a change to show how good he is.

Last night's performance wasn't brilliant but it wasn't bad either. Fred looked fragile to begin with and I was thinking he shouldn't be in a Man Utd squad, but he grew with confidence and showed some skills as the game went on. Pogba is again playing like he wants to leave and so maybe it is time to at least get our money back on him, it is a shame as I believe he could be a world class player on a week to week basis if his mind wasn't wandering with all the outside distractions. Ashley Young seems to be pushing back the years and puts in a good shift almost every game, the same can't be said of Chris Smalling at the moment. The front line never really had the ball enough to give any real comment on. As usual David de Gea played an almost faultless game again.
Partly away from last night's game..................Passing back to the Goal Keeper.........Why ? No matter what team you watch when this happens and the ball is kicked out by the keeper, the majority of the time it ends up going to the opposition. This is really annoying especially when the passing back has begun in the opposition's half.

Last night's performance wasn't brilliant but it wasn't bad either. Fred looked fragile to begin with and I was thinking he shouldn't be in a Man Utd squad, but he grew with confidence and showed some skills as the game went on. Pogba is again playing like he wants to leave and so maybe it is time to at least get our money back on him, it is a shame as I believe he could be a world class player on a week to week basis if his mind wasn't wandering with all the outside distractions. Ashley Young seems to be pushing back the years and puts in a good shift almost every game, the same can't be said of Chris Smalling at the moment. The front line never really had the ball enough to give any real comment on. As usual David de Gea played an almost faultless game again.
Partly away from last night's game..................Passing back to the Goal Keeper.........Why ? No matter what team you watch when this happens and the ball is kicked out by the keeper, the majority of the time it ends up going to the opposition. This is really annoying especially when the passing back has begun in the opposition's half.

It wasn't bad?!? Are you serious? You had 0 shots on target at home. Barcelona didn't even get out of 2nd gear, they comfortably beat you. Scored and said, well you're not good enough to break us down.

Do you honestly believe that would've been acceptable under SAF? You looked like Mourinho was back in charge last night, it was a terrible performance, devoid of passion and tactics. Fred was horrendous not fragile, he looked a world away from the player he was at Shaktar, Lukaku did his normal thing of going missing in the big games.

Pogba has had his head turned by Real Madrid, especially with ZZ being back at the helm, Utd have a big decision in the summer, of either building the team around Pogba, or selling him, and building the team around someone else.

All i've seen and heard is excuses from Utd fans, you have to be realistic about how poor you were last night, and it's not like Barca even tried, they had 4 put on them last week by an average spanish side, yet Utd didn't even look threatening.

I was at a football game so, hence a bit busy :)
Thought we've looked the same as the recent weeks, absolutely shattered. Pogba, Rashford, Lindelof have ran out of legs. Martial, Lingard are still nowhere near match fitness.
We went from playing in a designated box (under Mourinho) to running free with aggression and pace. The injuries hit us all at once and we just can't recover. We will but the process is slow. A full pre season under the new regime will see us able to cope with the added aggression and mileage. Anyone failing to see the above isn't worthy of conversing with in any football sense.

Herrera is a massive miss for us, contract wranglings have seemingly done for him at the club, that's a huge blow.

Ashley Young has fallen off a cliff but we were snookered into playing him last night, his ability to cock up every single chance that came his way cost us the game.

But it ain't over yet.

Barca look beatable, 0-0 would have been a fair result, VAR missed the fact that Suarez teef were offside by a good tusk length.

I was at a football game so, hence a bit busy :)
Thought we've looked the same as the recent weeks, absolutely shattered. Pogba, Rashford, Lindelof have ran out of legs. Martial, Lingard are still nowhere near match fitness.
We went from playing in a designated box (under Mourinho) to running free with aggression and pace. The injuries hit us all at once and we just can't recover. We will but the process is slow. A full pre season under the new regime will see us able to cope with the added aggression and mileage. Anyone failing to see the above isn't worthy of conversing with in any football sense.

Herrera is a massive miss for us, contract wranglings have seemingly done for him at the club, that's a huge blow.

Ashley Young has fallen off a cliff but we were snookered into playing him last night, his ability to cock up every single chance that came his way cost us the game.

But it ain't over yet.

Barca look beatable, 0-0 would have been a fair result, VAR missed the fact that Suarez teef were offside by a good tusk length.

I was listening to Talk Sport on way home from work yesterday and they had a Man Utd fan on, who stated categorically, Utd would beat them 4-0 away, and they would win the league next year. I nearly crashed I was laughing so much :)

All I am hearing from Utd fans is excuses tbh, you need to accept that you're not good enough to compete at that level atm, with the team you've got. And it's not going to be sorted by pre-season, you're 4-5 players away from challenging for the league, and that's likely to take 3-4 years under the same manager.

I dont agree that 0-0 would've been a fair result, you had 0 shots on target, you've not had that stat since 2005 or something. Also you've never beaten Barca at the Nou Camp afaik. Last team to beat Barca there was Liverpool I believe, and that was 10 years ago or something, think they're the only English team to have done it.

Im happy to judge OGS on his season next year, but what happens when you're 3 months into it, and 10 points off the leaders, will you still be using the same old excuses?

I was listening to Talk Sport on way home from work yesterday and they had a Man Utd fan on, who stated categorically, Utd would beat them 4-0 away, and they would win the league next year. I nearly crashed I was laughing so much :)

All I am hearing from Utd fans is excuses tbh, you need to accept that you're not good enough to compete at that level atm, with the team you've got. And it's not going to be sorted by pre-season, you're 4-5 players away from challenging for the league, and that's likely to take 3-4 years under the same manager.

I dont agree that 0-0 would've been a fair result, you had 0 shots on target, you've not had that stat since 2005 or something. Also you've never beaten Barca at the Nou Camp afaik. Last team to beat Barca there was Liverpool I believe, and that was 10 years ago or something, think they're the only English team to have done it.

Im happy to judge OGS on his season next year, but what happens when you're 3 months into it, and 10 points off the leaders, will you still be using the same old excuses?
🤣🤣🤣👍

Anyone failing to see the above isn't worthy of conversing with in any football sense.

I think Janobi is right.
Man U have 2 supposed world class players De Gea who I think is the best in the world and Pogger the Jogger who is about as consitent as diarrhoea.
Both of them will be off in the summer and then you have an average manager who will fail to attract any world class players, unless you qualify for Champions league, which is highly unlikely.
I think you need to face facts Man U are Europa League for the forseeable future.

How long of the new season do you want before you're called out on your bullshit and excuses?

A pre-season isn't going to make any difference to the players you have, who aren't good enough! You're 4/5 players off challenging and OGS isn't going to return the good times, so let's put it in black and white.

Im that confident, that im willing to put £100 up on it. Utd wont be near the top next season, let alone win the league. So over to you, time to put up or shut up.

Back