Manchester to Coventry

ben600249

Inactive User
Reaction score
i posted a thread on here many weeks ago to say i live in the mcr area and was trying to do a pace 2000 box for my brother who lives in coventry anyway i changed the net id and freq and he came to collect yesterday he phoned me last night to say it worked BUT he had no flashing light for the talk back it wasnt on at all, he first plugged it in and got the middle light flashed about 10 times but now its just gone off, i told him it was the talk back to ntl . mine flashes all the time but his doesnt its not lit now, is it safe for him to carry on watching it, i had it up and running here for several months no probs, im just being a good brother and dont want him caught out, :Jester:

should be fine - but don't expect it to work for long as it's a exC&W box in a pure NTL area and I believe these will stop working once the latest CR software rolls out in Coventry.

sorry, I can't help with ur brothers box, I have a 4010 working in kenilworth.

anyone here got any macs to trade?
I live kenilworth and in desperate need of one nearby ish.

have tried the other thread to no avail.

the good news is it lasted 2 weeks and now my bro has lost most of his channels do we know what it could be i gave him a atmega card and he has a pace di2000 box im searching for a 4000 box for him any help please

ben600249 said:
the good news is it lasted 2 weeks and now my bro has lost most of his channels do we know what it could be i gave him a atmega card and he has a pace di2000 box im searching for a 4000 box for him any help please

Where have you been for the last week mate. He will have lost most of his channels because the atmega doesn't au anymore. Don't search for a 4000, he is in pure ntl, 4001 or 4010.

Regards..........Chookey​

bammy said:
should be fine - but don't expect it to work for long as it's a exC&W box in a pure NTL area and I believe these will stop working once the latest CR software rolls out in Coventry.

Coventry area went vod over 2 weeks ago. One of my boxes is a 2000, the first one I bought. I never realised at the time that it was a poor choice for someone in pure ntl. However it worked well on an au funcard 4 till the new keyroll method came in. This box is still on cr1 however, could that be the reason it still works?

Regards.........Chookey​

Back