Manchester Police Report - videos included.

Considering the number of fans who went to Manchester it was definately small minority that caused the trouble, they've now completely ruined their clubs reputation and that of Scottish football and to some degree the reputation of all Scots!

I hope they're proud of themselves, fooking idiots :(

my sentiments exactly

not being funny here but i really didnt expect much more from them . barcalona they did this . every where they do this . ok a minority of them but it still looks bad .

not suprised at all just got back from 2 weeks up in glasgow and met guys saying they were gonna tear up manchester, all the loyal brigade, and to say these are scots and flying the flags for scotland, then how many union jacks and st georges cross' did u see to the st andrews saltire, i know of lads from glasgow who were meeting lads from chelsea, west ham, birmingham etc, and like i said on header doesnt suprise me one bit, even if its a minority, the screens in seville went down for 20 mins during game and there was no violence back in 2003. thugs!!!!!

hail hail celtic...and RIP TOMMY BURNS

totally agree, hope they wake up and take a hard look at themselves.

I was in Albert Square most of the day but did take a wonder to piccadilly about midday and it was i would say fully packed then took me 30 mins to go in one gate and out the other.

Albert square at that time was busy but you could still move freely.

I must admit i was pretty annoyed at the behaviour of some fans all day, with things like totally disrepecting the area with things like,

justy walking on the road and just putting hands up as if the traffic to stop on command.
They way people were talking to the locals, ok somes were banter and loclas loving iot but i did hear ppl just being total pricks.

it was an invasion and some ppl thought like it was an invasion.

Another thing that pissed me off was the ppl in Albert Square climbing all over the city's statues and climbing right up to top of the pagoda type build in the middle, i was even thinking at one point fall ya c*nt you deserve it.

but having said that it was a very small amoutn of ppl and the vast majority were excellent and i had a great day.

I thought the police got it right from what i seen and when chatting to the rozzers they were great and would reacted if provoked and look like so.

As for the screen in picadilly it does seem strange how it was on all day and goes off just before games starts which would be reasonable to think what someone said b4 about the numbers being too much.

They had an issue with a screen in Albert Square but got to applaud everyone was patient and the guys got it fixed even after it look as if it wasnt fixable as i seen the tech come from back shaking his head.

But now i am so annoyed at the pricks who ruined it but i guess that was going to a problem with the final only a few hours down the road rather than a far flung euro city.

Now i am going through proces of texting my machester friends to appologise.

And oh RIP Tommy!

I even had a go at a guy in a pub toilet for saying summit about tommy and his cancer.

I am so ashamed these ppl wear that shirt.

Last edited:
not being funny here but i really didnt expect much more from them . barcalona they did this . every where they do this . ok a minority of them but it still looks bad .

was there really anything done in barca? cant rem every incdient , but thought they were pissed more at gers pissing in streets lol

posts a made else were

me

rangers fans spent thousands on hotels travel food etc just to watch the game there, and the screen dosnt work. not making excuses but imagine the disappointment and frustration while drunk, it boiled over

if it turns out it was a rangers fan who stabbed another supporter a hope uefa throw rangers out the competition for a year, fans like that dont belong in football,

celtic fan

i agree that if its a rangers fan thats done the stabbing then hes nothin more than an animal and disgrace to his country,i dont want rangers banned from europe, a fine would be sufficent.i also understand the frustration that the fans felt but cant condone the events afterwards,feeling frustarted isnt a reason to riot,granted it ws the biggest game for years for them but they should have thot about the name of the club before that first bottle was tossed,rangers should now do there upmost to find out who the troublemakers are and ban them for life,they should also be banned from going to football anywhere in the uk or europe tho i dont think thats very easy to do....

me

(above)
a fine would be sufficent

this is a knife were talking about, the guy will be getting charged with attempted murder no doubt, and with a knife its so easy it could have ended up with a death

if it happened to a rangers supporter i would want them kicked out of europe and massive fine, same should happen to rangers

celtic fan

fair enough m8.i seem to remember leeds fans gettin stabbed in turkey and also maybe man u fans gettin stabbed in italy,dont know if there was a ban in these 2 cases tho so i think the chance of rangers being banned is slim,i dont believe rangers should be too worried tho the fine will be heavy.again its all speculation cos we dont even know if the guy that done it was a rangers fan.its the real fans i feel sorry for.....

me

i told mick a few weeks ago, manchester united v celtic champions league game, guy from scotland went down in his man utd strip to watch his team v celtic, after the game he got jumped and robbed by his own man utd fans, now he supports celtic

get idiots in every team

if it was a gers fan who stabbed another supporter just trying to follow his team, a hope uefa punish rangers heavily, send a message out to the world this isnt on, could easyly ended up with a death

end of day if it happened to a gers fan, imagine it the gers fan was ur family, id be upset and pissed and want serious action taken, even though its ma team this isnt on , happens world wide, all u ever get is petty fines , if they wanna cut this pish out of football a very hard stance needs to be taken every single time

this is just a game of football ffs, theres no need for lifes to be lost and serious injurys, i know police do over reacted and probally have a big act to play in this, but the gers fans should have tried there best to calm down, soon as u throw i empty bottle at them , they see that as permission to crack 100+ gers fans as they want, riot then starts, hope the parents with kids there got the childern out the way in time, remeber last year on news seeing kids with split heads etc

THESE DICKHEADS ARENT TRUE FOOTBALL FANS, GET THEM TO FUK AWAY FROM FOOTBALL CLUBS

today i saw alot of celtic fans various places gloating, this aint the time to gloat, a celtic ledgend has passed away and seems alot are trying to wind others up, 32 arrests 200,000 a small minority but still disgracefull

ITS A GAME OFF FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL DOSNT NEED DEATHS N VIOLENCE, FIFA/UEFA HAND OUT PETTY FINES FOR SUCH INCIDENT, SLAP ON HAND, UNLESS THEY GET STRICK WITH EVERY CLUB, FUK ALL IS GOING TO CHANGE

p.s sorry for ma swearing , kids plz dont read lol

.1 thing i dont want rangers kicked out of europe . just because you put a top on dosent mean your a fan . and your club cant and shouldnt be held resposiable for every dickhead . but it just seems they follow rangers about .. heavier jail sentences for football thugs would work

.1 thing i dont want rangers kicked out of europe . just because you put a top on dosent mean your a fan . and your club cant and shouldnt be held resposiable for every dickhead . but it just seems they follow rangers about .. heavier jail sentences for football thugs would work

OMG I'm agreeing with countryboy here.

I hope the cctv evidence gets these socalled "fans" caught and named and shamed banned from ibrox though to be honest I really doubt any of them have been near the place. I can see a heavy fine coming rangers way and away game bans for fans which is a shame for the real support who have been magnificent this year.

Also heard the fans held for the stabbing have been released now.

way i look at it, would u be saying that if ur family member got stabbed worse murdered?

knifes at a football what the fuk, unless some1 stands up and is very strick there gonna get away with it time after time, petty fines aint the way to go, uefa do ma tits in all year round seem to pick out secterism with rangers , not every game just games they choose, about time if they wanna take things like this serious they do it every game every team and not just 1s they wanna spot light

sad sad day today, whats the point going on about it minority gers fans disgrace, and to see grown men acting like children, i hope uefa take heavy action to let fans know this isnt on, its not just rangers but alot of other teams fans, maybe a bit biaest but for last 2 years a thougth rangers unfairly picked on , but last night i got no defence

aparently it wasnt a knife but a sharp object could be anything from bit of a belt buckle but to go in there and do that is totally fecked up. How can you stop it though. 2 leeds fans died in Turkey and Uefa did nothing about it?

And please stop calling them fans they are not fans do not do things like this to their club yobs do fans dont.

But I agree I think it will either be a ban from europe for a year of a fan ban for a year neither of which could be argued against. However this will not make a blind bit of difference to those who acted in this way as they are not fans they wenrt there to get drunk and cause trouble not to support a football team and that should also be taken into consideration.

why dont you stop talking crap?
Rangers fans rioted in BarcElona? when was that?
everywhere they do this? ok where?
the only part of that post you got right there was when you said you werent being funny.

i havent heard you being funny yet. or clever for that matter.

why dont you stop talking crap?
Rangers fans rioted in BarcElona? when was that?
everywhere they do this? ok where?
the only part of that post you got right there was when you said you werent being funny.

i havent heard you being funny yet. or clever for that matter.

spelling mistakes are welcome on . here . read the news m8 . read about the trouble in spain . lol and like i care what you think of me lol lol .

spelling mistakes are welcome on . here . read the news m8 . read about the trouble in spain . lol and like i care what you think of me lol lol .

see..your full of shit lol lol

UEFA says clubs not to blame for stabbing.

Reuters Published: May 15, 2008
Rangers and Zenit St Petersburg are unlikely to face any punishment over the events which led to the stabbing of a Russian fan following Wednesday's UEFA Cup final in Manchester, a top UEFA official said.

But UEFA's director of communications William Gaillard said on Thursday that the Russian club may face sanctions over their fans running on to the pitch during and after their 2-0 victory over the Scottish side at the City of Manchester Stadium.

"We will have to await the delegates report... but regarding the stabbing, firstly we wish the victim a speedy recovery. Yes, it did take place within the parameters of the stadium and these Rangers fans managed to get into the Zenit zone," Gaillard told Reuters on Thursday.

"But this was a small group of individuals for which the clubs and the majority of fans which behaved very well can be punished for nor held accountable for.

"But clubs are responsible for the behaviour of their fans inside the stadium, so yes, we could take action over the pitch encroachments if we find any blame with the club."

officer released vidoes showing gers fans in the wrong. bet she didnt release any vidoes showing the police being heavy handed on gers fans

i dont read to much into anything the police say, allways cover ups

anyway real reason,

cpn1pmju7lhcinwqzg.jpg

from a liverpool football club site posted by a member
link...http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum...806-rangers-trouble-what-really-happened.html

The Rangers trouble-What really happened.

Ive just got back from Manchester now. The firm i have just joined where doing event security for the game. Until we arrived this afternoon, we didnt realise that we where actually working on the fan parks in the city centre.

We

got given high vis jackets then I was posted with 6 others to one of the gates at Picadilly Square Fan Park at around half 5. The crowds where unbelieveable, reminicent of Tacksim and Syntagma square for us, except in a much smaller area. Our job was to stop people entering with glass bottles. Bearing in mind this was my first ever shift, it was quite daunting. Alot of the people who i had to challenge for bottles where sound, had no objections because we provided plastic cups for them to enter their bottles in to. But there was alot of scum aswell, fucked out of their faces who had none of it. I asked one big feller to empty his bottle in to a cup, very politely, and i was told to **** off. I then went over to him again, and he twatted me in the chest, i asked him again with a plastic cup in my hand for him and he threw me in to a fence. **** this, i dont get paid enough for this shite so i left him.

It was clear by then the sqaure was becoming dangerously overcrowded. Our gate was getting crushed, and we where pulled away by police for our own safety. We where moved further up to the entrance of the square, where barriers where accross preventing people from entering because it was too full. A lot of lads tried to get through, and the vast majority where sound about it and good natured with me. I had many a conversation with jocks when they noticed my scouse accent and realised i wasnt a manc. My advice to them was to find a pub before the rush, which went against what we where told to tell them which was to head for the fan park at the ground. I knew theyd have shit there so i didnt tell them that. No problems whatsoever at this point.

Then about 20mins before kick off, an older scots feller came over to me and said hoow dangerously crowded it was in the square, he said "someone was going to get killed", and thats why he left. He also said to me "mark my words, there will be a riot in there". I had those suspicions myself. From my experience of Istanbul and Athens, you can tell when something is not right, and i definately sensed that then.

We then hit quarter to 8, and the square is rammed with Rangers fans, singing and watching the big screen for the adverts to end and the game to start. By 5 to 8, still no game. Then a supervisor gets it over his radio that they werent showing it. I couldnt believe it. My words to him where "there will be absolute fuckin murder here, its fuckin suicide". Jocks where coming over asking us what was going on, and we had to tell them. They where understandabely fuckin fumin. I tried to tell them that i totally agreed with them, and that it was a fuckin disgrace. Some where sound with me, recognising it wasnt our fault as event stewards. But then as people started to twig on what was going on, it started getting nasty.

There was about 15 of us on this gate with a few police near by, and the scots where fuming with us. Coming over, pushing us, screaming in our faces. What could we do? I agreed with every word they said, id be fuckin fuming aswell, but it had **** all to do with us. Then it got quite serious, bottles where being thrown, passing just past my face and lads where getting really aggresive with us. It was then when our head office told us to pull out, and the police moved us down a side street. We where getting dogs abuse, bottles thrown down at us, everything. Obviously the fact we where in uniform attracted it.

Then our supervisor said they had to try and move us in to one of the portacabins back in the middle of the sqaure. We walked through as a group, through thousands of scots who where going crazy, throwing all kinds, screaming in our faces. We eventually had to take our jackets off and run. When we made it to this portacabin, all hell was going off around us. Riot police where coming from everywhere, and hundreds of rangers fans where charging them. Bus shelter where ripped down, and metal and wooden poles used as weapons to charge the police. The place was totally trashed. A bottle landed right next to me which had been thrown from someone. This went on for 3hours solid until 11 oclock. We had to take off all jackets and ties, and when it quietened down about half 11 we where able to make way to our coach at the GMex. Back at the coach we heard a Russian had been stabbed aswell.

People have said that the big screen in our square had a technical fault and thats why the match wasnt shown. I know for a fact that is bollocks. It wasnt shown because of the shear numbers in the sqaure. The reasoning was that if Rangers scored, there would be bedlam. But whichever thick ****s makes these decisions obviously didnt realise the implications of not showing the game. If they wherent going to show it, they shouldve informed everyone at 6 o clock and give people time to fine somewhere else, not at fuckin kick off. Its an absolute disgrace, and so typical of UEFA event. I couldve organised it better, it was a sham. They totally underestimated the amount of scots that would travel. Logical thing to do would be to put a big screen in old Trafford and let people watch it there, then there wouldve been no bother. 2 fuckin shitty fan parks was never going to be enough. I could see it, everyone else could, why cant the fuckin organisers of these events? Useless ****s, heads should fuckin role after tonight.

Ive spoke to my dad and others who've said that the news have reported it as small disturbances with a hand full of Rangers fans clashing with the police. Thats absolute bullshit, total bollocks. There where fuckin hundreds, if not more, and this went on for hours right in front of my eyes. To be fair, the amount of Scots lads who made the effort to come over and speak to us while this was going on, simply saying "sorry" was amazing. I spoke to a feller who made the effort to come over to us when he seen us having all kinds thrown in our direction, and he just apologised on behalf of Rangers fans, and said what a disgrace and embarrasment it was. I know from experience that its always a minority who are scum, and tar everyone with the same brush. But thats what happened, anything you hear otherwise is crap, i fuckin seen it with my own eyes. Rangers fans had every right to be pissed with what happened in that square, but the actions of some afterwards, the rioting for 2 hours, was inexcusable. And it wasnt a "handfull" either.

I came up the road this morning feeling totally ashamed to be a Rangers fan - totally embarassed and completely ashamed.

I hope the people who have completely destroyed the reputation of Rangers are happy with themselves this morning. You fucking disgust me.

I'll debate with anyone about Rangers, obviously usually from my side . . . today I couldnt look anyone in the eye that I have defended Rangers fans previously to.

There was not one or two incidents unfortunately, albiet perhaps a small minority in relation to how many were actually there - less than 1% if I remember reading correctly - it was several incidents . . . no stats will make up for the pain I feel today.

The scoreline pales in insignificance to the reasoning of my emotions today.

Well done all the boys who had a party, like myself and everyone there with me including my boy. We didnt know anything about all this disgraceful shite until we got a paper at Carlisle service station.

We had an incredible day in Manchester and then a fantastic evening, albiet not including the scoreline, in the beautiful Eastlands stadium.

It's just a shame that all this has and will in the future crush all savourable memories I would and should have had.

Last edited:
What a Mess manchester is in today, was working down Rochdale road, which leads to the Marks and Spencers screen.. i ended up turning back.. this was the thoughts of the locals.. Most people stayed away...

I visted a women who is a bus driver today, the rangers fans who wouldnt let her past to park her bus.. instead smashing all the windows scaring her shitless.. bit uncalled for.....

I over heared a few people also today who where totally annoyed at what the minority of the gers fans did.. it may be a big city but everyone in it will have the same views "what a f****** mess, they should never let them play here"

I also couldnt believe how far up the Gers fans where..

Gers fans in oldham town centre, never seen that before lol..

After al that though, experiance.

Well done to the well behaved fans.. thumbs up... :)

I came up the road this morning feeling totally ashamed to be a Rangers fan - totally embarassed and completely ashamed.

I hope the people who have completely destroyed the reputation of Rangers are happy with themselves this morning. You fucking disgust me.

I'll debate with anyone about Rangers, obviously usually from my side . . . today I couldnt look anyone in the eye that I have defended Rangers fans previously to.

There was not one or two incidents unfortunately, albiet perhaps a small minority in relation to how many were actually there - less than 1% if I remember reading correctly - it was several incidents . . . no stats will make up for the pain I feel today.

The scoreline pales in insignificance to the reasoning of my emotions today.

Well done all the boys who had a party, like myself and everyone there with me including my boy. We didnt know anything about all this disgraceful shite until we got a paper at Carlisle service station.

We had an incredible day in Manchester and then a fantastic evening, albiet not including the scoreline, in the beautiful Eastlands stadium.

It's just a shame that all this has and will in the future crush all savourable memories I would and should have had.

Good post m8. I feel for the decent Gers fans they need to get rid of the scum who insist causing the bother. I didn't realise the scale until some minutes ago when I some of the clips on youtube. I travel abroad with Celtic (twice this season) and I am angry I may get tarred with the same brush. You decent Gers fans must be f*cking sick if this shit, its totally unfair on you guys.

Back