Manchester City Thread

Gonna be a good season (hopefully and if my stupid iptv doesn't buffer ;)) you boys had it in the first and we had it in the second. I just wish Walker cut his toe nails before the match :D

Yeah what was that all about?
Henderson was fed up of him accusing Gomes of taking David Silvas knee off, when it was a case of two pros trying to win a bouncing ball, both had their feet in the air and Silva got hurt. It happened in the 41st minute and he was still complaining about it in the 81st minute.
There used to be an art to playing football and not getting hurt, Thierry Henry was brilliant at it.
But the past few years players dont protect thereselves properly and get injured and then the opposition kick the ball out when they go down its absolute balderdash

@miggy sing along if you know the words....

V.A.R meee lord VAR. V.A.R mee lord VAR..... V.A.R meee lord VAR ohhhh lord VAR ;)

This VAR turning into a farce, a real passion killer. It's like pulling Katy Perry in the dark and realising when the lights go up it's Waynetta Slob.
It was the correct decision but the issue lies with the use of it.
Why was there no penalty for Lamela’s manhandling of Rodri from a corner??
The referee evidently did not think a player being grappled to the floor was worthy of being penalised and neither did the VAR officials, mysteriously, given this is precisely the sort of oversight they should be trying to put right.

Yeah I do agree @Fangface they don't seem to be using it properly or have it implemented fully. Like the LFC Chelsea game the Chelsea pen wasn't a pen and I personally don't think (although Im glad it was) that the 3rd city goal should be disallowed. Yes it touched his arm but bar pulling his arm off and chucking out the way there wasn't a lot he could do about it.

Im sure this season is going to have a whole host of issues VAR (and new rule) related lets just see how they pan out. Anyone who is a bit cynical might think the person in the van watching on VAR is easily bribed ;)

This VAR turning into a farce, a real passion killer. It's like pulling Katy Perry in the dark and realising when the lights go up it's Waynetta Slob.
It was the correct decision but the issue lies with the use of it.
Why was there no penalty for Lamela’s manhandling of Rodri from a corner??
The referee evidently did not think a player being grappled to the floor was worthy of being penalised and neither did the VAR officials, mysteriously, given this is precisely the sort of oversight they should be trying to put right.

The reason that the ref didnt call it as a pen is because footballers are all cheating tw*ts.
They get touched, they fall over.
Therefore if the ref isnt convinced its a foul he doesnt blow.
Serves them right really

I thought the introduction of the female referees mid week made the guys respect the ref and the game more - don't think they dived half as much...??

What you have now is games controlled by a remote and anonymous sort of evil eye of Sauron.
It's amazing how pundits and fans of other clubs could see the clear penalty in the first half yet the ref and the tosser behind VAR missed it. They are starting to become so obvious now that fans of other clubs are starting to pick up on it.
If this shite carries on no one will celebrate a goal anymore they'll all just sit there looking at the screens hoping for the best.

It's funny how not one Tottenham player put there hand up and said it was handball did they? they new it was a goal. And that wrestle to the floor good grief who was working that VAR Stevie Wonder?.

Back