Manchester cancels next weeks big screen event after rioting.

Aye, test them thoroughly and maybe enhance security.

But to be honest, after last nights embarrassment I can see why Manchester don't want to take the risk again.

Have you seen the newly released security cam videos? Sky News are showing it just now, I'm mortified. :(

Strange...the word going around from people that were there is that the screens were turned off because there were too many fans packed into the square and if Rangers had scored it would have been a safety issue (crushing).....stupid gits.....had they not watched previous matches....Rangers score, their having a laugh.....:proud:

Strange...the word going around from people that were there is that the screens were turned off because there were too many fans packed into the square and if Rangers had scored it would have been a safety issue (crushing).....stupid gits.....had they not watched previous matches....Rangers score, their having a laugh.....:proud:

How you feeling today mate?

I really can't see anyone deciding to intentionally turn the screens off, that is just asking for trouble.

I went to bed last night contented that Rangers had been beaten and everything was good in the world (sorry mate ;)), I wake up this morning to hear that Tommy Burns is dead and some Rangers fans have tore Manchester to bits, sigh.

:(

How you feeling today mate?

I really can't see anyone deciding to intentionally turn the screens off, that is just asking for trouble.

I went to bed last night contented that Rangers had been beaten and everything was good in the world (sorry mate ;)), I wake up this morning to hear that Tommy Burns is dead and some Rangers fans have tore Manchester to bits, sigh.

:(

Apparently they had it planned early on when the numbers in Picciadilly got too much and had buses ready to take fans elsewhere, then when they got the numbers to an acceptable level the screens would be magically fixed. But that is NOT me trying to excuse the mindless thugs, just something I have heard a few times now.

I'm still gutted but Tommy Burns dying (even though we have known he was very ill) brings everything back into perpective. Too yong and too nice die.

I can't stop thinking about the poor kids all caught up in that mess, hopefully anyone who took kids got the hell out of there at the 1st sign of trouble.

Back