Man guilty of having 13 in Volvo

Baaheeduk

Inactive User
Reaction score
In a house with lots of alcohol on the go!!
A teacher has been found guilty of dangerous driving after being stopped by police for having 13 people travelling in his Volvo car.

Abraham Gniwosch, from Tottenham, north London, pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving in Llandudno, Conwy, on 8 August last year.

He was given a 12 month driving ban and ordered to pay over £900 in a fine and costs by Llandudno magistrates.

Gniwosch, 31, was also ordered to take an extended driving test.

Magistrates heard how his Volvo S70 was meant to carry five passengers only and the prosecution asked for the car to be confiscated. However the magistrates decided against it.

Traffic policeman, Pc Roger Brazel told the court he had stopped the car just as it turned into a farm park near Mostyn Avenue in the town.

He said he had done this because of the "serious dramatic overloading" in Gniwosch's red Volvo saloon.

The court heard how an adult male and a boy were sitting in the passenger seat.

In the back there were two women with infants on their laps, the other six passengers, all young children were either sitting or standing in the centre section of the back seat.

None of the passengers was wearing a seatbelt.

The defendant denied his action was dangerous saying he had been driving sensibly at no more than 20 mph.

"I'm not a quick driver, I'm a slow driver," he said.

"I've been silly in what I've done, but not dangerous."

Chairman of the bench, Sandra Walker, said they had taken into consideration Gniwosch's good character.

"This is a very unusual case of gross overloading where a financial penalty was appropriate," said Ms Walker.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/wales/north_west/7471102.stm

Published: 2008/06/24 11:30:43 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

Some of the Datsun jokes from the 80's come to mind :proud:

could give up teaching and get a job as a Blackpool Taxi driver.

could try 13 and the're cases @ september week-end when it's invaded by loads of Glasgow folk.

Back