MAME Roms

I’m pretty sure you can download a file of them off torrents. If you want them dar then you’ll need a hdd.

Although I do have something in my house that he gave me that I believe plays them and has them all on it. It’s a hand held thing

I use to have a torrent for them many years back. You could select them game by game (not sure if it was the full set?)
I use to have 2cds with most of them up till the late 80's, but they've been lost.
A torrent would be marvelous :)

I use to have a torrent for them many years back. You could select them game by game (not sure if it was the full set?)
I use to have 2cds with most of them up till the late 80's, but they've been lost.
A torrent would be marvelous :)

Nah he's got like 500Gb worth or something. I've asked him, but not replied yet. He's also getting a cabinet, I want one as well, but cannot justify the 3k to get one atm.

You can find a torrent on the Archive.org website for the "official" release.

If you are looking for a complete set of ROM and their accociated files you will need quite a lot of space. My Rom collection is just over 45gb and includes UK, USA, JAP and partially working roms, around 28,500 of them. Some roms need the CHD files (Compressed Hard Drive), games like Space Ace, Alien, Area 51 etc.. these take up around 300gb of space.

If you want a fully working cabinet setup with all the atract mode files etc.. you'll need around 600gb of space (not including ROMS).

I have my cabinet setup with Hyperspin front end and as many of the MAME related options I can find and it's nearly 2TB in total (just for MAME not the other emulators).

You can find a torrent on the Archive.org website for the "official" release.

If you are looking for a complete set of ROM and their accociated files you will need quite a lot of space. My Rom collection is just over 45gb and includes UK, USA, JAP and partially working roms, around 28,500 of them. Some roms need the CHD files (Compressed Hard Drive), games like Space Ace, Alien, Area 51 etc.. these take up around 300gb of space.

If you want a fully working cabinet setup with all the atract mode files etc.. you'll need around 600gb of space (not including ROMS).

I have my cabinet setup with Hyperspin front end and as many of the MAME related options I can find and it's nearly 2TB in total (just for MAME not the other emulators).

You got a pic of your cabinet Captin? Did you build it yourself, or buy one pre-built.

I knew it was a lot of space, and hyperspin is a nice front end, but you can get others.

I have a JXD here dar, it's yours if you want it, or anyone else for that matter, but if you're not near me then you pay the postage :)

You got a pic of your cabinet Captin? Did you build it yourself, or buy one pre-built.

I knew it was a lot of space, and hyperspin is a nice front end, but you can get others.

I have a JXD here dar, it's yours if you want it, or anyone else for that matter, but if you're not near me then you pay the postage :)
Sorry Jan, what's a JXD? :)

This looks a bit like the lot I used to have. But when I try to run the emulator, it says it can't run on my PC? (it's win10)?

MAME 2000 Reference Set: MAME 0.37b5 ROMs and Samples : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

They’re android games machines. Just google JXD and they come up
Thanks very much for the offer Jan, but it would get wasted on me :)
I was more trying to keep myself occupied (learning/ downloading/ installing, and passing on the info) than actually playing the games.
Thanks again though :)

What's the MAME of choice these days?

I've got mame0164b_64bit but I just download individual ROMs. I do have a ROM pack from a few years ago, it wasn't massive and probably just the classics.

Have You tried MAME4droid with 1942 dar?

Back