Making Beer !!!!

pringles23

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone on here ever made beer before and if they did how did they get on with it ?? :Cheers: :Cheers:

Has anyone on here ever made beer before and if they did how did they get on with it ?? :Cheers: :Cheers:

I used to do it an age ago....lol

A lot of trial and error but suceeded in the end, I even bought the pressure keg and pump but that was a long time ago so I couldnt really say if its the same nowdays. Beer/lager is cheap nowdays so I just buy it now...:Cheers:

best home brew is to make it with yeast ..the yeast eats the sugar and wen formenting the sugar turns to alcohol
errrrr isnt that how u make it??? or am i missing something????
EDIT
sorry i have just realised
u wernt makeing beer u where makeing posts and u have now made 21

made beer many many moons ago, most batches turned out ok, don't know what the alcohol level was but a litre bottle was quite nice and 2 was a good night :)

tbh what i brewed smelt absolutely disgusting and everybody who tried it agreed but it tasted fantastic.....i could never work out why.

used to have in my cupboard next to the airing cupboard for warmth, then transfer to glass lemonade bottles to finish off and would then start the next batch.

my old man made wine at the same time, we used to get through some home brew one way or the other.....lol happy days

Home made beer?

Takes ages!
Bottles explode sometimes!
Tastes crap!
Stinks the house out!

the best beer in the world :)

if it says to put 500g of sugar in, put 750

between me and my dad we used to have 8 kegs brewing 40 pints in each one constantly on the go

no matter how cheap cans are, nothings going to come close to 8 quid for 40 pints of blow your head off lager

:)

Stomach cramps, diarrhea and a blinding headache, those are my memories of my home brewing days :)

Loved every minute of it :) :)

lol .. me too .. the cloudiest pints in the world ,, could never wait and had to drink it early lol

i used to do home brew moons ago .the easiest home brew to do is cider . bitter generally turned out ok but lager was always crap. wine was always it and miss . try it and follow the instructions. have fun

I was so unhygenic when i think about it, all I did was mix the stuff up in a big bucket that had been an Artex container, I cleaned it out, sterilized it and made my brew, It just sat there in a spider infested cupboard with a sheet pulled over the top of it :)

LMAO, the bacteria growth must have been astounding :)

Like a lot of others here, I used to do it years ago. The heyday of home brewed beer was in the 1970's as an antidote to the pisspoor beers that were being foisted on us.

(pause to shudder at the memory of Watney's Red Barrel)

The real problem is trying to sterilize everything properly. It just needs some rogue bacteria or yeast to get in for some for some foul tastes and smells to develop.

You can be guaranteed cheap quick intoxication, but the sledgehammer headaches that follow aren't for the fainthearted

why did we do it .. lol .. o yea where fookin tight ..thats it , thats why where here .. something for nothing or cheaper

TOP TIP

Dont make lager it's to bastad hard to get it right make yourself some bitter that always turns out better for a first timer.

TOP TIP 2

Dont drink it after bottling for @ least 3 month

TOP TIP 3

Dont drink it yourself lol

TOP TIP

Dont drink it after bottling for @ least 3 month

You're supposed to Bottle it? :)

I just swiped my beer mug into the gloop, picked out the flies and drank. ;)

By the time 3 months had passed, I'd be onto my 6th batch ;)

used to make lager was brill , me m8 used to make spirits from the pressure cooker lol

what a combo lol:Cheers:

I used too brew boots beer kit and put it into barrels.
Just follow the easy instructions.
You have to clean everything properly.
I tried putting into bottles but it is too much trouble.
Another thing is try not to drink it before it is finished fermenting,or you spend most of the next few days
on the toilet.

Home Brew - Those were the days

I used to brew 40 pints a week. It kept our family full of vitamin B and half the street ! Many a night would see a flaggon or two swash down with a big fat cheese and onion cobb. We had half a dozen pressure barrels and more screw top brown bottles than you could shake a stick at. In October I would make a special brew all malt & no sugar to put down for Christmas. By November I would have to brew another batch to make up the shortfall of the tester bottles that got drank. Still got the Kegs in the attic - tempted now to get some down and bash some mash - only trouble is the keg around my waist is bigger than the attic trap door.:Cheers: Beer I love it !:Cheers:

Back