Make official Openpli xp1000 fw image(kernel 3.12.1) work with Cloud Ibox 2

azursat

Inactive User
Reaction score
####################################################
Just a reminder for everyone of a mistake I made:
- ALL Shenzhen Air Digital Technology IBOX (2/2plus/3) MODELS ARE CLONES AND WILL NOT WORK WITH FIRMWARE IMAGES OF OFFICIAL RECEIVERS.
- YOU SHOULD NOTICE Shenzhen Air Digital Technology WILL DROP SUPPORT FOR NEW FIRMWARES AS SOON AS THEY STOP PRODUCTION FOR A MODEL (6 MONTHS FOR THE CLOUD IBOX 2) AND WILL CLEAN ALL FIRMWARES THEY RELEASED FROM SUPPORT SITE.
- BEWARE CLOUD IBOX 2+ AND CLOUD IBOX 3 OWNERS, CLOUD IBOX 4 IS ON THE WAY!

####################################################

Official Openpli xp1000 firmware images will not work on Cloud Ibox 2 because of modifications needed on drivers(/lib/modules/3.12.1/extra/xp1000_*) and kernel(kernel.bin).
The latest Shenzhen Air Digital Technology firmare image I have for Cloud Ibox 2 has kernel and drivers for 3.12.1, so we can use them to make the latest official Openpli xp1000 firmware image, that has the same kernel, work with the Cloud Ibox 2.

Steps:
- Download from http://openpli.org/download/xp1000/ the latest firmware(need to be kernel 3.12.1 for this to work)
- Extract "xp1000" directory to usb
- Download and extract to usb root directory all the files inside "xp1000_to_cloud.ibox.2(kernel 3.12.1).zip" -> https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B2lzEq8MAEpnQkdWeWN1NjB6Tmc&export=download
- Do usb upgrade of Cloud Ibox 2
- Discover IP of Cloud Ibox 2
- Open a telnet session and execute:
cd /media/ (and press keyboard tab to enter usb folder)
cp -f xp1000_?.ko /lib/modules/3.12.1/extra/
flash_eraseall -q /dev/mtd1
nandwrite -p /dev/mtd1 kernel.bin
reboot

Images to help understand the method(specific to my case):
r8uR9Vb.png

dkdf5dT.png

I will try this. I think its the last hope for cloud box 2. I have download some official images from openPLI site but i dont know which kernel they have.
There is a way to see the kernel via the files of the image?

I dont think this is doable. New images of openpli dont have kernel 3.12.1.

You're right, they use kernel 4.01
On the download section, there are openpli/atv/hdf 6.2 releases for cloud ibox 2, so I think it can be done (with updated kernel modules)

I am not pretty sure but I think there is a reason why azursat create these images with kernel 3.12.1 and not with kernel 4.01

Now, there's some way to get this method working? I would this "patch" on a latest Openpli xp1000 image (6.2) and using that for my (clone) cloud ibox 2 plus. Thanks.

Now, there's some way to get this method working? I would this "patch" on a latest Openpli xp1000 image (6.2) and using that for my (clone) cloud ibox 2 plus. Thanks.

Be careful mate, its not for cloud ibox 2 plus. Its for cloud ibox 2.

You're right, they use kernel 4.01
On the download section, there are openpli/atv/hdf 6.2 releases for cloud ibox 2, so I think it can be done (with updated kernel modules)
where do you mean? on the openpli website?

I need help with this

Back