major interferance

davac

New Member ++
Reaction score
is anyone havin a problem with picture flick in the vm area of merseyside any if they are can anyone give me a clue on a resolution

no problems here m8, im in merseyside. must be your box.

picture quality

ok established no issues with vm lpool so has anyone any solutions to a really bad flicker on a d500c cos startin to get headache from flick.runnin dw2.0

Poor signal strength can be a problem with original boxes, they have a signal quality indication in the engineers menu. Is the box connected directly to the feed with no splitters etc?

If it is a dbox you can check the signal strength

The main cause is the signal. Either the feed isn't connected to the box or your signal is too low. Press REd then BLUE and note the SNR %. This needs to be above 55,000 before you will get any channels from a scan or 'time'.
Ideally it needs to be about 62-64,000 before you'll clear all channels. If it's inbetween these values, you risk missing channels from a scan or exisiting channels freezing or stuttering.
Also cheap cables with no screening can cause problems

looks like 2 have it wrong

the box he has is a db500c dreambox 500c
it may be a clone
and if i am right i think some of them had signal problems
what u may be able to do is to buy a aerial booster and put this in line this may cure the problem

I had a similar problem last year. Rather than buying a signal amp I cleared up the signal with shielded co-ax cable.

I guess it depends on how much equipment you have and the number of possible signal polution sources and the amount you need to increase your signal.

Another quick fix is to make sure your not got any attenators between plugs.

looks like 2 have it wrong

the box he has is a db500c dreambox 500c
it may be a clone
and if i am right i think some of them had signal problems
what u may be able to do is to buy a aerial booster and put this in line this may cure the problem

Is the arial booster to improve the signal strength?????? So the problem is siganal strength related then!!! All be it that the box is a bit ifffy

Back