major ftp problem

bignbold3000

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi,

can anyone pls help..........I am having probs trying to ftp service files to dbox2.

Using winxp.....have followed tut several times line by line still not able to connect............plus has anyone got dbox commnd centre v1 (same as the tuts)...using only patch cable

thanks

If you are connecting from the PC to the dbox, you need a crossover ethernet cable and not a patch cable. If you have a router connected to your PC you can use the patch cable to connect the dbox to the router.

What is your PC ip address?

What is your DBOX2 ip address?

hi m8,

sorry mate I thought the patch cable and crossover cable were the same thing...........the cable works fine for flashing the image using dbox2 image flshing assistant, and this was what the computer shop guy gave me when I asked for a crossover cable.

pc ip 192.168.150.4
db ip 192.168.150.5

thanks

Sounds like you are using a crossover cable connecting the pc direct to the dbox.

Have you tried to ping the dbox from your pc, ping 192.168.150.5.
If this responds, then you should be able to FTP.

What ftp program are you using?

it pings fine 100% with no lost packets but I think there maybe something wrong with the cable............will buy a new one and try again........thanks

If it pings, then your crossover cable is fine.
You can try the ftp command to test this.

Type ftp 192.168.150.5 at the command prompt and use root for the username and dbox2 as password.

Let me guess ...

Are you using commando 7.5 on that Dbox ?

If yes,

have you bothered to read that the Password has changed on it ?

If not please tell us what Image you are using

yes m8, I am using the commando image and the correct password, but after flashing I didnt know that I had to set the ip address on the dbox again, reset the ip address and every worked fine in half duplex 10T mode.

just somemore help pls.........this is my first dbox.

Does the commando image have the correct autoupdate key already integrated into the image? Does that mean I only have to transfer the correct service files for my area and everything should be set to run automatically.

From the image feedback...

================================================== ================================
Other :
================================================== ================================
No Roms
No Keys

***NOTE: root password to commando

No...there are no ROMS or KEYS in this image. You have to add them yourself. Have a read through the feedback thread as it tells you how to add them there. :)

since internet explorer was upgraded to version7 (i think), it has been a nightmare trying to connect to box to ftp files, you would be better using flashfxp to transfer files, no hassle whatsoever,

thanks m8's........used flashfxp a doddle when I fixed my ip address problem..................now reading feedback thread for help on keys.........thanks for you help mates

Back