Magnetic Charging Lead

Looks like magsafe could have been the inspiration behind this idea. Good idea but surprised that Apple hadn't got it covered.

I frickin love my magnetic USB connectors
I'd forgotten all about the joys of trying to connect a USB lead the wrong way round turning it round and trying again every night, since I picked up a few of them for my gadgetry (fasttech item no 6550602)
The magnets in the video look a bit stronger than mine as I doubt my ones are strong enough to hold a phone up but I frickin love waiving the magnetic wotsit in the general area of the USB socket and seeing them snap together and start charging without all that faffing around anymore

You get one of these with macbooks. Surprised they've never migrated them to the iphone etc. Save me having to buy new cables every week as the kids have broken them. AGAIN!

@dar1437 do you have a case on your phone ? and are you having any issues regarding the case using this rather cool cable ?

@dar1437 do you have a case on your phone ? and are you having any issues regarding the case using this rather cool cable ?
No, I don't have a case, just a soft plastic shell like thing lol. I did think it may pertrude a bit over the front/ back, but it's slightly smaller than the thickness of my Moto G6.
I'm not too sure how it would fair in cases though? :)

Attachments

• IMG-20190716-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20190716-WA0003.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back