Mag 256 v Enigma 2.

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello I’m looking into getting a mag 256 but have absolutely no experience of mag boxes..
I know E2 well and currently have an iptv sub on my E2 box using Xtream plugin..I don’t use nor will use anything now but iptv on it.
Now would there be any point in getting a mag 256? Would the box suit iptv better over a powerful E2 box..
Would a mag box stream channels better than an E2 box?would a mag 256 be better all round than a E2 box?
Everyone seems okay with mag boxes from what I read online but most are trying to sell you one...
Thanks
AJT.

I feel the mag is better overall dealing with iptv than e2.

There is no frill though the firmware is basic and closed source and all your IPTV provider need is the mac address and it sorted very simple system.

Reactions: AJT
I feel the mag is better overall dealing with iptv than e2.

There is no frill though the firmware is basic and closed source and all your IPTV provider need is the mac address and it sorted very simple system.
Hi mate,I brought a Mut@nt HD51 thinking as it was a super powerful box with a mega processor it would run iptv no problems but I’m not sure how much of the processor it uses...it’s okay most of the time but recording is very hit and miss still with sometimes it will record full timer and other times only 10 mins but it’s the server I think, I think if the stream glitches or freezes seems to halt the recording..
Maybe I will get a mag 256 and see how I get on..Looked at the 410 but reviews are not good.

With the e2 boxes should you lose your BB connection or IPTV servers are down for whatever reason then you can still use your e2 box via freesat...obviously if you have this setup.
Also plugins can still be used to watch anything if your BB connection is still up and your IPTV is down.
Obviously with the mags then if IPTV is down then there is no workaround until it comes back up.

Just ordered one from Bamazon was a good price and fulfilled by bamazon so if I don’t get on with it I can easily return..
And should be the genuine article..

One thing I have noticed is that using the same m3u file on enigma 2 box and through smart iptv app on smart tv
Is that the streams through smart iptv app are so much better than through E2 box.
The quality is way better in every way there are no glitches or freezing or anything that normally effects my iptv via E2.
It’s saying to me that iptv is definitely better using dedicated iptv app that’s just for iptv so I’m hopeful that mag box will give same quality stream wise like the smart iptv..getting the box today so will fettle and test the hell out of it...

Ive found the same running IPTV through my duo2 which lets face it aint lacking in power is no where near as good as running it through a mag or a decent android box.

Ive found the same running IPTV through my duo2 which lets face it aint lacking in power is no where near as good as running it through a mag or a decent android box.
‘Same as” really with the mutant hd51..It has a 12,000 Dmips cpu yet smart iptv is better everywhere..even faster zapping..
Will most likely post on here for sale by end of today..Ha Ha..if the mag does what I’m hoping...I have 4 different suppliers to test test box with both inner and outer portals.

well got the mag 256 set up..It looks okay i got a 24 hour mag portal test from my supplier.
The quality of the streams is excellent the layout is not too bad i could live with it but not worked out how to record anything on the outer portal and dont have any EPG at all..
I have done a few test recordings on inner portal using my m3u file and was fine.
I have tested the Smart iptv portal for Mag that works much the same way as it does on smart tv app it does give you basic epg but no way to record at all but i like its set up and it works very well if you dont like the mag portal interface..
But still at a crossroads..As yet i am not convinced with the Mag 256 i dont like not having an EPG nor being able to customize the way i would like..
I have tried to sort a favorites list i made in a couple of bouquets but it keeps reverting after i put channels in a order i wanted..
so will keep fettling i have the portal till tomorrow evening but to be honest i fear im going to be sticking with the mutant hd51 all be it with a new image (ipab) as i dont think vix image likes iptv.!!! it puts up with it but will never be good friends.

hi, on the mag 254/256..ect u can not record only if provider add but u can not record and watch another channel . only recording fro m3u files on iptv iner portal .

epg depend on provider .catchup tv yes depend on provider .

Sent mag back..had a play but box kept getting really hot and freezing and locking up..in the end navigation was impossible.
what i saw was okay.

Back