Mackems finally win!

nohidingplace

Member ++
Reaction score
Following Derby's shambolic efforts in the premier league the mackems have finally lost the title of the worst football team with the minimum number of points in the Premier League, well done mackems!

Lol hes ment to be off loading 15 players, hes asked the board for a higher wage budget as well as 50-80 mil its bin rumored, if we had won today that could of made a difference to the type of player we can attract the higher up the table we get the higher the caliber of player we can attract and we are 15th know with arsenal being our last game and i cant see us getting anything from that i just hope he spends wisely this time "quality rather than quantity", i remember when MM was in charge the same term was used then as well.

Manager Roy Keane's reaction to Sunderland's defeat to Bolton:

"We were sloppy to say the least. We had a good chance to get back in it through Kenwyne Jones and we didn't take it. We gave the ball away too cheaply, particularly in the middle of the park.

"I don't care what stage of the season it is, it's not acceptable. We gave bad goals away and I've been saying it for 38 weeks, we need to improve.

"I made three substitutions today and I could have made 10.

"We've lost 22 games this season and people keep telling me we've had a good season. When you lose 22 games, you are lucky to be in a job.

"We need to learn to get results when we're not playing well. You've got to be bale to get a result when you're not playing well.

"When I'm on my holidays, I'll be thinking about those 22 defeats.

"Today was a challenge and it just confirmed what I'm thinking anyway, that we're short.

"Survival is not a word I like using. People are getting fed up of me saying the same things, I sound like an old record player.

"There will be changes in the summer, I'm fed up of saying the same things, I'm bored with myself.

"I've been very patient and kind to some of my players. Today just confirms what I've been thinking. Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe if we had won today and we beat Arsenal next week I'd be thinking we were not bad.

"We're not great and we need more quality. There's no questioning the players' commitment and desire, but at this level we need quality.

"Players were constantly giving the ball away when under no pressure. Can you imagine if we hadn't scored the late goals this season, we would be adrift.

"Take nothing away from Bolton, they made it hard for us. They had more men in their team.

"We got safe last week but that was last week. What do we do, celebrate all summer?

"Survival is not a word we want to be using next year. I want to think bigger than that. I just don't think survival is a time to celebrate.

"We need to invest and do it wisely and we need to move people on. You want certain characters at your football club."

so who is he gonna ditch, judging by the Leg-ends phone in a minimum of 10.

We will also have a clearout, how do fancy Smith, Carr, Rosendahl, Ameobi , Given, Nzog & Viduka.

Thats what I like about Keano as a manager, straight talking no bullsh1t. I also think with a decent budget he could do a good job.

Back