mac_mot.sys

j-lee

Inactive User
Reaction score
just built myself a jtag interface followed the tuts, but as soon as i load up any software bke,sdt or ocd i get cant find mac mot, but its in sys32 folder and other places aswell.
Could this be cased by my pc being crap, or just need to reinstall os. I just got a copy of windows 2003 so i might install that if anyone thinks it might help?????????
I remember seeing a thread about this but i have done a search for it but cant find it... Help please!!

I keep my mac_mot.sys file in the same folder as the DrvLoad.exe programme.
Open up DRVLOAD.EXE. (pic1)
Use the window that opens to find and then fire up the MAC_MOT file. (pic2)
Make sure you see that MAC_MOT is running at the bottom of the drvload window.
THE DRIVER MUST BE RUNNING BEFORE OPENING SDT.
P.S. You do not need to do this on a Sammy. Only follow this if you are doing a Pace box.
Hope this helps mate and good luck with it.

Thanks exoticasian.. I am doing a sammy but i cant get ocd to load correctly not sure if its related to this though. I'll try it any way.....

j-lee said:
Thanks exoticasian.. I am doing a sammy but i cant get ocd to load correctly not sure if its related to this though. I'll try it any way.....

Can you explain a little more what you mean by not getting OCD to load properly and I can try to help out a little more.

Right i've got the software sorted.
Thanks go to exoticasian, your thumbnails made me spot my mistake, I spotted on the image drvloader it said running.. What i was doing was installing the driver bot not running it i thought the software would start it up.
Any way thanks for that exoticasian....
Now i'm getting a Target read byte from sdt and not connected from ocd and bke. I've shortened the cable on jtag to box side will check the gnd connection and if that dont work i'll change the 100ohm resistors to 51's as ive seen 2 different circuits for jtags, i know the one ive built is copyed from a commercialy built one ive seen pictures of. The other one is simpler and has no pullup resistors on pc side, its the one in the tutorial.
I'll try when i get home and let you know..............

j-lee said:
Right i've got the software sorted.
Thanks go to exoticasian, your thumbnails made me spot my mistake, I spotted on the image drvloader it said running.. What i was doing was installing the driver bot not running it i thought the software would start it up.
Any way thanks for that exoticasian....
Now i'm getting a Target read byte from sdt and not connected from ocd and bke. I've shortened the cable on jtag to box side will check the gnd connection and if that dont work i'll change the 100ohm resistors to 51's as ive seen 2 different circuits for jtags, i know the one ive built is copyed from a commercialy built one ive seen pictures of. The other one is simpler and has no pullup resistors on pc side, its the one in the tutorial.
I'll try when i get home and let you know..............

No probs mate. Let us know how you get on.....

Back