Mac Trading Info

kyle

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have DHCP Force running with lots of results, can someone please explain a little about how to understand the results and how i can get macs which will work for my 250 modem.
I know i cant use macs which are on the same UBR as Im currently on but dont know which I can use

All advice is appreciated

Ky

Hi Kyle

The macs you are currently scanning are no good to you but you can use them to exchange with somebody in your area. You need to exchange macs with somebody on a different ubr. For example if you are on ubr01 then you can exchange with same area using ubr02, ubr03 ect ect.

On DHCP Force just check the macs you are scanning. on the right you will see config file for example on twest config cw-10240-384 is a 10mb mac you will then just need to copy the mac address and trade it...

Hope this helps

Hi Kyle

The macs you are currently scanning are no good to you but you can use them to exchange with somebody in your area. You need to exchange macs with somebody on a different ubr. For example if you are on ubr01 then you can exchange with same area using ubr02, ubr03 ect ect.

On DHCP Force just check the macs you are scanning. on the right you will see config file for example on twest config cw-10240-384 is a 10mb mac you will then just need to copy the mac address and trade it...

Hope this helps

Im afraid i dont know what UBR im on, how do u find the UBR number? I know im in original N*L (langley)

Ok got cpc2-grim9-0-0-cust****.not.cable.ntl.com - removed some info for security reasons, is grim9 the ubr?

yes, thats correct...so ideally you would want someone in grimsby on ubr7 for instance...or another area close by with any ubr.

yes, thats correct...so ideally you would want someone in grimsby on ubr7 for instance...or another area close by with any ubr.

thanks matey appreciate your advice

also to help with the DHCP side of things,
If u right click on the macs listed on the left and click remove and then duplicate packets, Then right click again and select sort and finally right click again and select dump to file, it will dump them to a notepad file in the same dir as your DHCP program. From this you can just delete your cable TV box macs from their type of config file which will be listed beside them and u will be able to see the type of macs u have for modems also!

Back