ma box has died an unexplainable death

Magik

Inactive User
Reaction score
Came in this evening and my pace 1000 was on BBC 1 but with no sound (full pic tho). Couldn;t change the channel or do anything with it. Turned it off and on again and now all ig et is 88:88 with all three of the LEDS on even the talkback one.

Has it gone for good? i can't get in eng mode, i can't do owt with the card in or out.

Whats next???

Can i try anything? Has it updated and screwed itself?

My 4000 pace is working as normal - and i even plugged the original box in just to test and after that worked fine, although it did a lot of scrolling through numbers upto 1500 and then eras and flas were shown on the display, which i can only assume is some sort of update.

Can i do anything to get the 1000 back up and running?

u have a dry joint on the atmels
u will need to reflow them

so unclick the memory type thing and resolder the atmels? or isit a lot more complicated? will i have to remove the chips and then rejoin?

cheers for the help m8

remove memory strip
better if u have some flux put flux on to legs on atmels both sides but if not try holding each atmel down the apply heat to legs both sides
wait till cool then do other
let cool
refit memory and boot up

It's the atmels on the main board that are likely to be the problem, not the ones on the simm.

bammy said:
It's the atmels on the main board that are likely to be the problem, not the ones on the simm.

er mthats what i mean
i think majik knows this

Back