M8s Pro Google Play?

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a M8s (probably a Chinese fake lol)
When you go to the Play store, it's not the official one. It seems like a watered down version, and I can't find regular apps.
Is there a way to ditch it and get the proper one on it?

:)

Google Play comes of google servers and they can block equipment, which is what appears to be happening with your box.

Much like what they are threatening to do to huawei

Google Play comes of google servers and they can block equipment, which is what appears to be happening with your box.

Much like what they are threatening to do to huawei
Could the block be circumvented?
I was contemplating a reflash

You could try this to allow access to the playstore.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If that doesn't work there's the yalp store. @dar1437

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Can you get Aptoide on there mate?
As it goes, i just noticed it was already on there, and got what i was after (itv Hub lol)

@sneaker i installed the Aurora, but fir some reason it couldn't find the Hub, but i think it may be useful in the future.

Thanks all :)

have you gone into settings " install apps from unauthorised sources" may be under Security or Developer options. Find it and turn it on. Try again.
If you still have problems Look at the guides on youtube on "side loading" with a program called "File Linked" there is lots of stuff on youtube on getting round tv box problems and Apk's you wont find on play store.

have you gone into settings " install apps from unauthorised sources" may be under Security or Developer options. Find it and turn it on. Try again.
If you still have problems Look at the guides on youtube on "side loading" with a program called "File Linked" there is lots of stuff on youtube on getting round tv box problems and Apk's you wont find on play store.
I'm familiar with all that Spark, thanks anyway. :)
(I was more interested in why there was a strange version of Play installed)

I see, it seems a bit strange. I wonder er if its a Chinese government censored version as supplied by Google.

As it happens, a lad in work was given a phone my another lad (as the one he had was too old and unsuitable for the modern apps)
I looked up the unusual make (Blackview A8) which turned out Chinese.
He asked me to put a few apps on it. So i created him a Gmail account to access the Play store. It was running Android 5.1 which i still have on my spare/ secondary handset. Now the icon on his Play store is different from the norm, and it too seems like a different store lol. When i installed YouTube for him, it seemed like it was a slightly different version than the regular. As well as the occasional advert before a video, there was also an odd popup too. Hmmmm? :)

Back