M$ Executive Aaron Greenberg Sticks it to $ony

mxwizard

Inactive User
Reaction score
We haven't seen corporate smack talk like this since $ony exec Peter Dille went apeshit last July! M$ executive Aaron Greenberg takes the puffy sparring gloves off, picks up a battle axe and swings it at $ony. (While dropping bombshells like: "Today Xbox 360 has a 5-million-unit console sales lead on a global basis based on most recently public reported data from both companies. This includes more than double the installed base in the US according to actual NPD sell-through and over a 1-million-unit lead across Europe also based on reported sell-through from Chart Track and GfK.") Just listen as Greenberg unloads, spewing corporate venom all over $ony:

I know a lot of folks enjoy watching the console wars and we would never underestimate our competition. But answer to your question specifically, didn't $ony promise all of this last year including Home as well? We have been fighting $ony's promises from the day we entered the market and if you remember at that time it was all about PS2 being an online cybercity with partner announcements from the likes of RealNetworks and AOL. Then three years ago at E3 they showed what PS3 games would supposedly look like with the Killzone 2 video, that we are now learning will ship four years later. That means that we will have shipped Gears of War and Gears of War 2 before they can even get Killzone out the door. Think back to GDC 2007 when $ony promised to leap ahead in online with the $ony Home unveil. Here we are two years later and multiple delays for a product that has appears to have little to no buzz. Where are the achievements? The friends list integration across all games? Where is the long-promised video store? Where are all the other products using and networking with their CELL chip? How come Blu-ray did not result in better games? What happened with Sixaxis and rumble? Where is the complete 1080p game library we were promised? If Blu-ray as they said would be such a catalyst to PS3 console sales, then why have PS3 sales over the past couple months not seen any lift since the format victory?
The reality is that Xbox 360 is leading this generation with a larger installed base, more than 2xs the games library, the most exclusives along with the leading online service and community. While we have not yet announced all of our plans for the full year, I am confident that we will extend our lead over the PS3 in 2008. Today Xbox 360 has a 5-million-unit console sales lead on a global basis based on most recently public reported data from both companies. This includes more than double the installed base in the US according to actual NPD sell-through and over a 1-million-unit lead across Europe also based on reported sell-through from Chart Track and GfK.

The days of $ony snowing the consumers and the press are over, I think the pressure is now really on them more than ever to deliver on all of these promises.

$ony, would you like to retort?

Source: kotaku.com

I've got to say that I agree with everything he said.

Sony made so many promises and just how many of them have come true?

By ther time Sony get the PS3 up to speed it will be too late as the next Next-Gen consoles will be due for release. Sony didn't listen to developers when they recieved negative feedback over the 7 core CELL technology, Devs complained that it was far too complicated to work on, Sony in their arrogance chose to ignore this and pushed forward with the same architecture and it's all came back to haunt them.

The good news is Sony have been knocked down a peg or two, hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes and actually LISTEN to the Dev feedback on the next console they produce, if they do then we can expect something really special from them.

I have to admit I feel the same mate... Aaron Greenberg has made a perfectly fair statement full of very valid points. This was my argument when I posted a link to this thread in the Ps3 section but someone saw fit to remove it. I disagreed with the decision then and I still disagree with the decision to take the thread down now and feel it to be bad editing. I hope the decision to remove it was based on valid grounds and not that of personal disliking to the material contained within the post.

LMAO, that's the ultimate in Fanboyism! :)

Maybe the thread got out of hand and the Moderator removed it, you know how these things can blown out of all proportion.

It was removed within seconds mate lol... never had a chance for a single response lol. I had a little rant in the shoutbox but think it was falling on deaf ears lol.

I saw ya rant, I was going to get you some tissues :)

Could you see any reason for it to be taken down mate? honestly :err: lol

So the post with the news story was removed and then they removed your complaint thread?

Hmmm.

Nice to see we have an unbiased Moderator, bring back Violentj.

Wonder how the sales of PS3 will do once it can actually be "chipped" hahaha.

Back