Lutron Project Extract

OpenB

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Any ideas how I can extract the project from this processor? I've attached the error below I'm trying to use the 10.7.0 from here. Any ideas?

The processor identifies itself as Gulliver.

Thanks

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 14
can you talk to the processor in diagnostics and see what processor version you have.

you can only really communicate with the processor with the same version it was installed with - this is not always the case but you have far better chance of extracting once you use the same version and then you can upgrade once you have extracted it all to the 10.7

Use telnet commands

Sorry let me elaborate:
Tools / Terminal

command = FIRMWAREREV

(you can use the drop down for the commands).

BE CAREFUL, YOU CAN KILL/WIPE A PROCESSOR WITH THE WRONG COMMANDS

Last edited:
Hi,

I never actually got back to the site until just today. Thank you for your reply though I've pasted the output below, if you're still able to help.

OS Firmware Revision = 3.0.589 [May 16 2016 16:02:32]
Database Design Rev = 300014
BOOT Firmware Revision = 2.2.0

Thanks again.

as an FYI, trying to upgrade to 10.7 from 3.0 will be a pretty daunting task, you may want to do it in steps, Ive bricked a few systems trying to upgrade that far ahead!

Thanks for all of the Lutron uploads available on the site, especially to @Mick .

Is there any way you can upload Designer 8.4.0, please?

I'm having trouble extracting the project for the Homeworks QS system in our house. The error I get using Designer 10.7.0 is: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

The output of FIRMWAREREV makes me think I should be using Designer 8.4.0 which I don't see available on the site:
OS Firmware Revision = 8.4.0 [Jul 21 2015 15:22:40]
Database Design Rev = 300016
BOOT Firmware Revision = 2.0.1

Also tried opening an old project file in 10.7.0 though that gives an error as well.

Hoping you can help! Thanks again.

Thanks for all of the Lutron uploads available on the site, especially to @Mick .

Is there any way you can upload Designer 8.4.0, please?

I'm having trouble extracting the project for the Homeworks QS system in our house. The error I get using Designer 10.7.0 is: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

The output of FIRMWAREREV makes me think I should be using Designer 8.4.0 which I don't see available on the site:
OS Firmware Revision = 8.4.0 [Jul 21 2015 15:22:40]
Database Design Rev = 300016
BOOT Firmware Revision = 2.0.1

Also tried opening an old project file in 10.7.0 though that gives an error as well.

Hoping you can help! Thanks again.

Attachments

• HomeWorks QS 8.5.0.exe.zip
    501.5 MB · Views: 6
Amazing, thank you thank you!!

Unfortunately still can't extract the program, though I can now use the diagnostics tools which show two of the modules have issues (DIN Rail Power Module Switches). Looking through the actual panels I can now see the corresponding breakers for these modules have tripped (and keep tripping). I can also open the old program file which is helpful to see how everything is set up.

I guess next step is to get an electrician to work out why those breakers are tripping.

Thanks again, @Mick!

Back