[Download] Lutron Homeworks Illumination Software 1.64 Full

suburbazine

Inactive User
Reaction score
Here is the latest release of Lutron Homeworks Illumination, version 1.64 Full (non-beta).

Download this version if your save file is .HDF, alternatively this version will upgrade an .MDB to .HDF for migration from Interactive to Illumination.

PS: HW-MI-120 comes in Interactive and Illumination flavors. They are not compatible!

Attachments

• HomeWorks Illumination 164.zip
    48 MB · Views: 154
Here is the latest release of Lutron Homeworks Illumination, version 1.64 Full (non-beta).

Download this version if your save file is .HDF, alternatively this version will upgrade an .MDB to .HDF for migration from Interactive to Illumination.

PS: HW-MI-120 comes in Interactive and Illumination flavors. They are not compatible!

Hi, i been trying downlad and is not possible.

did you get it?

He, like yourself, still lacks the 5 posts required before being able to download it. ;)

Alternatively you can toss the site some money for a subscription and bypass the post requirements.

He, like yourself, still lacks the 5 posts required before being able to download it. ;)

Alternatively you can toss the site some money for a subscription and bypass the post requirements.
Well lets split the cost?

I have an old Homeworks Illumination system running at 1.49. Wondering if this works with that and if it's worth it...

Well lets split the cost?

I have an old Homeworks Illumination system running at 1.49. Wondering if this works with that and if it's worth it...

Yes. You're running a much older version of Illumination, 1.64 will provide a firmware update and a number of quality of life enhancements.

Thanks. I wish I could see the release notes for this upgrade. Last thing I want to upgrade all of it and then end up with a non working system.
Another reason is the old 1.49 resides on an old PC which was used to install the system back in 2007 I believe.

Here's the changelog as of HWI 1.64:

HomeWorks Illumination Software Release Notes – Version 1.6x
Copyright ©1998-2012 Lutron Electronics Co., Inc., All rights reserved Page 1 of 5
HomeWorks Illumination Software Release Notes – Version 1.64
This document details release notes for versions 1.60 – 1.64
From 1.63 to 1.64
New Features – Summary
No new features were added in this release.
Fixed Issues
Main Application
• Wired (H48) Maestro dimmers incorrectly reported “Flashing” as their zone level on
processor power up.
From 1.62 to 1.63
New Features – Summary
No new features were added in this release.
Fixed Issues
Main Application
• GRX and WPM issue with multiprocessors – If GRX or WPM units were used in a
multiprocessor system, it was possible for memory corruption to occur in a processor(s).
The result of the memory corruption will vary with each database design. (435084 &
435090)
Engraving Manager
• Removed the “Order Label” feature from the Engraving Manager. The feature was
causing too much confusion in the engraving ordering process.
Reports –Addressing
• Fixed an issue where exporting the Addressing report to Excel did not work and caused
errors.
Reports –Panels & Enclosures
• In certain conditions not all of the zones would be displayed for a Spec Grade Panel on
the report.
From 1.61 to 1.62
New Features – Summary
Reports – Web Enabled Devices
• This report was added to view all devices that are displayed by the web server (433748)
Fixed Issues
Copyright ©1998-2012 Lutron Electronics Co., Inc., All rights reserved Page 2 of 5
Main Application
• Property Box – Web Property options did not match the current selection, i.e. True &
False vs. Yes & No (431164)
Floorplan Screen
• Zones would disappear when multiple switch-legs were added via the Property Box
(433268)
• Devices within a 6-gang Control Station could not be swapped (433116)
• Device position numbers were not updated after a device was Cut from a Control Station
(428719)
• Zones did not refresh properly when unassigned (433111)
• Duplicate zone names could exist on projects with a mixture of DMX and non-DMX load
types (428658)
Load Schedule Screen
• Circuit # column was not wide enough to support 000-00 by default (428184)
Panel Assignment Screen
• Property Box - Link Type for Link 1 displayed “10” when set to CS1 Link Type (434127)
Address Assignment Screen
• Zones of certain load types could not be assigned to Specification Grade Panels
(433329)
• Property Box - Link Type for Link 1 displayed “10” when set to CS1 Link Type (434127)
Programming Screen
• Rollback checkboxes in the Assigned Preset grid did not work properly when scrolling in
the list of assigned items (425120)
• After generating Certificate of Occupancy programming, the cursor did not revert back to
arrow cursor from hourglass cursor (434697)
Terminal Screen
• Uploading EDU OS caused some QED shades to fail to respond to commands (433889)
Reports – Load Schedule
• When using Export to Excel, “W” was added to wattage values causing the cell to default
to text format instead of number format (18180)
• When using Export to Excel, the AFCI column and the Notes column were not exported
(434277)
Reports – RPM Load Wiring
• AFCI Breaker Panels were not displayed (434192)
Reports –Panels & Enclosures
• When using Export to Excel, “W” was added to wattage values causing the cell to default
to text format instead of number format (18180)
• A red flag was always displayed next to Total Wattage when a power booster was not
required (434696)
From 1.6001 to 1.61
Copyright ©1998-2012 Lutron Electronics Co., Inc., All rights reserved Page 3 of 5
New Features – Summary
Main Application
• View Release Notes replaced View Read Me (431961)
Floorplan Screen
• Web properties in the Properties box were renamed to reflect all uses (430467)
Load Schedule Screen
• Feed column was removed and AFCI Column was renamed to AFCI Req’d (Required) to
comply with AFCI By Assignment functionality (432961)
• Assignment grids for the following device types were revised to comply with AFCI By
Assignment functionality: RPMs, GRXs & WPMs, wired and wireless Maestros and
Vareos (432961)
Help File
• Many updates were made to reflect current functionality (432961)
Fixed Issues
Main Application
• Unused outputs on WPMs caused issues with system zone numbers (428852)
• DMX zones do not respond to Master Raise or Master Lower buttons (428853)
• Assigning a LUT-DMX to caused issues with Link 1 communication (433255)
• The Load Type value for Neon and Tu-wire fixtures was incorrectly sent to WPMs
(431204)
New Project Wizard
• Incorrect voltage was selected for Vietnam (430223)
• RF product is now available for Hong Kong (433489)
Floorplan Screen
• Custom fixtures and Interactive fixtures were not displayed in the list of fixtures correctly
(428660)
Load Schedule Screen
• Changing the Fixture Type of a QED shade from Wired to RF or vice-versa would not
unassigned the shade (432276)
• Enabling the Raise/Lower Type column caused errors (433191)
• Addressing a zone to an RF Dimmer/Switch/Shade/Fan Control (8:1) Link caused errors
(433139)
• Assigning Zones with invalid Load Types to GRX-MR main units caused Application to
lockup (433440)
• Signature Series Keypads added incorrect number of LEDs to keypad link (428779)
• Assigning a wired keypad to address 16 caused the Application to lockup (428910)
• The LUT-DMX could not be assigned to Link 1 if it was set to CS2 link type (431045)
• Assigning large wattage loads to modules added more power boosters than required
(428909)
BOM Report
Copyright ©1998-2012 Lutron Electronics Co., Inc., All rights reserved Page 4 of 5
• AFCI Breaker Panels (HWAP-####) prices were incorrect (431156)
User Preferences
• Daylight Saving settings could not be modified for specific international cities (18743)
Engraving Manager
● Canada was added to the A/V Dealer description for Account Type to ensure Engraving
Orders from Canada are processed correctly (432924)
XML File
● ZoneNum value was updated to include the processor number to prevent duplicate
entries (431841)
From 1.60 to 1.6001
Fixed Issues
Main Application
• Converting projects with user defined fixtures caused errors (28636)
Terminal Screen
• When uploading a project to a processor, multiple attempts could display an error
message about duplicate system zone numbers (28637)
From 1.4x to 1.60
New Features – Summary
Main Application
• NGRX-PB, ELVI-1000, GRX-FDBI-16A-120, GRX-TVI and HP-2, -4, & -6 power boosters
were replaced with PHPM-PA-120-WH, PHPM-3F-120-WH and PHPM-SW-DV-WH
(16133)
• The GRX-PWM power booster was added (16133)
• The Tools Menu option was created (28496)
• A new menu option was added to the Tools Menu to convert existing DMX zones to the
new DMX load type (27935)
Floorplan Screen
• Faceplate/Button Kit colors were not sorted alphabetically in the Properties Box (26817)
• DMX-specific fixture types were added to the Floorplan Toolbox (27935)
Panel Assignment Screen
• Phantom DMX Panel and LUT-DMX were added to the Panel Screen Toolbox (27935)
• Phantom Module (4P) was added to the Panel Screen Toolbox (27938)
• The LUT-DMX can be assigned to Link 1 of an 8 Series processor (27935)
Programming Screen
• The following Serial Drivers were added to the Global Serial Driver list: Color Kenetics,
Pentair, Jandy RS Serial Adapter & QSE-CI-NWK-E (27729)
Engraving Manager
Copyright ©1998-2012 Lutron Electronics Co., Inc., All rights reserved Page 5 of 5
● Custom Label Sheets can be ordered through the Engraving Manager (27934)
Reports – Detailed Processor Link Assignments
• Metric wire sizes were added (27017)
Fixed Issues
Load Schedule Screen
• The Raise/Lower column would display incorrect values when the column was enabled
with zones present in the room displayed (28254)
• There was a scrolling issue when changing Fixture Name when the room contained
enough zones to display a scroll bar (27982)
• The Name column in the TVM assignment grid was truncating text beyond sixty
characters (27692)
• 0-10 V zones could not be assigned to a WPM (27166)
• Changing the module type for module position1 would allow an invalid TVM Assignment
(28054)
Panel Assignment Screen
• The image was not correct for an AFCI Breaker panel with a TVM Kit inside (28052)
Engraving Manager
● Specific control station devices that do not have button kits were displaying incorrect
information in the Button Kit Model column after engraving was added to the device
(27854)
Terminal Screen
• A message box is displayed when uploading a project using RS232 connection type
(27153)
Reports
RPM Load Wiring
• Phantom Panel was not being displayed in this report (27909)
Keypad Programming
• Button numbers were not fully display for button numbers greater than 9 (28119)
Help File
• The OSREV command was updated (26766)

Thank you! Does this upgrade the processor and all devices as well? I'm thinking it should but please confirm.

Thank you! Does this upgrade the processor and all devices as well? I'm thinking it should but please confirm.

It upgrades the main processor and slaved Lutron controllers, but not MI or RPM devices (they don't get updates).

I'm tempted to do it, just a bit afraid if things go south. I already replaced the processor due to some dead links, and 2 switches.

I'm tempted to do it, just a bit afraid if things go south. I already replaced the processor due to some dead links, and 2 switches.

You can always flash back to 1.49 if needed, but 1.49 is an abomination that was duly replaced by newer versions.

The upgrade process is flawless and you won't see any functional changes afterwards, besides reliable web controls. Even if a flash fails for some reason it's very easy to recover the processor, just clear the memory and reflash from backup.

This is done via terminal upload OS correct? It says proceed if the processor shows ok, not sure where it says that can you please help?

ok all done, project uploaded as well, back to working. Now I do have a question: my house lights automatically turn off a few times a day, more than I see defined under time clock, why? Where can I find all definitions? Many thanks!

Well now the Home+ lutron app does not work at all....the system works via system control in windows sw but not in the ios app anymore..I hope this is something that can be corrected?

update works again.

Hi! Does this version enables file extraction from the Series 8 processor?

Does anyone know if it's possible to DOWNGRADE a Lutron P5 processor once it's been upgraded? I have a P5 with 1.49 on it, and I want to upload an older OS (1.32) and a corresponding project file.

not 100% sure, but I was always under the impression once a processor was upgraded and then it could NOT be downgraded.

Mick

Back