LT5 7 day EPG for Cable & Satellite

MikeTV

Inactive User
Reaction score
Attached is a config for use with the LT5 External EPG grabber for the DM7025
(It may work with the DM800, as I think this image is similar, but i've not checked this out)
This enables a full working 7 day EPG for both Cable and 28.2 Satellite Services

Unrar and copy to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/LT/EPGgrabconfig
Select from >menu>LTmenu>Extras(tools)>External EPG>
Change config timezone to -01:00 for BST, 00:00 for GMT, & select EPG days as required.

It works by associating the EPG data from radiotimes.xml.com with the service references of scanned channels on your box.
These remain constant for satellite, but differ for cable depending on your area.

This config works for Pure *** / Reading.

Perhaps someone could confirm whether service references differ according to pure ***/ex c&w/********, or are completely native to each town in the country - i can't remember.

Anyhow, if you need to make changes, the cable service references are the last service entries, by channel, in this config. Make sure you use a XML editor such as DCC.

Here's a neat little way (thanks Nemesis) of getting service references quickly, if needed.

1. Start open DBedit or similar.
2. Create a bouquet that contains all services for cable.
3. Export -> Export all bouquets in Excel readable format.
4. Open this file in Excel and copy all servicenames for this satellite.
5. Open the cable userbouquet****.tv file in Excel and paste the clipboard in a new column.
6. You'll now have the servicenames & serviceref's for all cable services

im usig lt5 getting no epg at all on cable so i will have a look later cheers m8 :)

You won't mate. The provider EPG has never worked on the 7025, and the default LT EPG config is only configured for satellite.

This will get you going :)
There's a few services that radiotimes don't have listings for, and a bit more work i need to do on the terrestrial services.

Attached is a config for use with the LT5 External EPG grabber for the DM7025
(It may work with the DM800, as I think this image is similar, but i've not checked this out)
This enables a full working 7 day EPG for both Cable and 28.2 Satellite Services

Unrar and copy to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/LT/EPGgrabconfig
Select from >menu>LTmenu>Extras(tools)>External EPG>
Change config timezone to -01:00 for BST, 00:00 for GMT, & select EPG days as required.

It works by associating the EPG data from radiotimes.xml.com with the service references of scanned channels on your box.
These remain constant for satellite, but differ for cable depending on your area.

This config works for Pure *** / Reading.

Perhaps someone could confirm whether service references differ according to pure ***/ex c&w/********, or are completely native to each town in the country - i can't remember.

Anyhow, if you need to make changes, the cable service references are the last service entries, by channel, in this config. Make sure you use a XML editor such as DCC.

Here's a neat little way (thanks Nemesis) of getting service references quickly, if needed.

1. Start open DBedit or similar.
2. Create a bouquet that contains all services for cable.
3. Export -> Export all bouquets in Excel readable format.
4. Open this file in Excel and copy all servicenames for this satellite.
5. Open the cable userbouquet****.tv file in Excel and paste the clipboard in a new column.
6. You'll now have the servicenames & serviceref's for all cable services

right i put the xml file in :)
went to external epg
used:
path for external epg>media/cf/ltepg
grab using config>cable sky xml
restart e2 during grab>yes

then hit the yellow button for grab and activate
left it for a while
restarted the box
7 day epg on 90 % of the channels :)
the other channel i dont no ,might be the way they are named put happy with that :)
cheers m8 nice one

right i put the xml file in :)
went to external epg
used:
path for external epg>media/cf/ltepg
grab using config>cable sky xml
restart e2 during grab>yes

then hit the yellow button for grab and activate
left it for a while
restarted the box
7 day epg on 90 % of the channels :)
the other channel i dont no ,might be the way they are named put happy with that :)
cheers m8 nice one

A bit of work still to do on some of the Terrestrial regions, and unfortunately radiotimes doesn't have listings for every single service, but we're nearly there.

If someone could advise on whether servicerefs are peculiar to town or pure n*l/c&w/telew**t asap that would be useful.
If it's the latter, we should get serviceref contributions from C&w/Telew*st members then we could add these to the config, so it will work UK wide.

I'll do a bit more work on it this week.

Hi i have tried this and is working fine before this i had no epg what so ever on this image so thank you****

Zaf,
What town are you in? or County if you want to keep it shtum?

and also. which area (Pure n*l, C/W, or Telew*st) ?

This would be very helpful as i want to develop this to work across the UK.

Zaf,
What town are you in? or County if you want to keep it shtum?

and also. which area (Pure n*l, C/W, or Telew*st) ?

This would be very helpful as i want to develop this to work across the UK.

Hi i am in coventry pure*** i haven,t edited anything i put the file in as it was****

Hi i am in coventry pure*** i haven,t edited anything i put the file in as it was****

Thanks Zaf, so we know it works UK wide in pure n*l.
It would be useful to hear if it works, from anyone in c&w/Telew*st areas.

just tried in birmingham ******** didn`t work? thanks to miketv for all his hard work.

just tried in birmingham ******** didn`t work? thanks to miketv for all his hard work.

Hiya g0ejl,
If you can PM me the channels and the service refs , (use the method in my original post), i'll slot them into the config for you so it will work.

Regards.

File is now modified to pick up all available services for cable and sky from radiotimes, including terrestrial regions.
Set for 14 day EPG.

If you want to use in exC*w / Telew*st area, then PM me the servicerefs for your area and i will integrate these into the config.

Regards.

hi mioketv, tried your old file again today, it did download for about 30mins and then lockup? i`ll try your new file tomorrow. if it don`t work what file do yuu need is it the cable.xml?

thanks,

paul.

hello,

tried the updated file and could not get it to work. after a while the box just freezes and would not respond to anything. all i have to do is switch the mains off and back on. i am in ex C&W area. before i had use the file i used to get some sort of epg on certain channels but since i used those file and activated the epg no epg what so ever.

thanks.

hi mioketv, tried your old file again today, it did download for about 30mins and then lockup? i`ll try your new file tomorrow. if it don`t work what file do yuu need is it the cable.xml?

thanks,

paul.

Hi Paul,
As you are not in pure n*l, i don't think it will work for you anyway.
As i said, you will need to let me have the servicerefs for your area, and i'll get it running for you.

Regarding the lock-up.
If you restart enigma once you've ftp'd the file, then press yellow to do a manual grab, sometimes it locks up early on. Restart, and all should be ok.
Once you get the file going in auto mode, all seems to be ok.
This isn't peculiar to my file, it seems to happen with all the default scripts.
Do make sure you've got a swapfile set up though.

hello,

tried the updated file and could not get it to work. after a while the box just freezes and would not respond to anything. all i have to do is switch the mains off and back on. i am in ex C&W area. before i had use the file i used to get some sort of epg on certain channels but since i used those file and activated the epg no epg what so ever.

thanks.

Hi mate,

Same goes for you as g0ejl mate, it won't work for you as you are not in a pure n*l area. If you send me the servicerefs for your area, i'll modify the file for you.

See previous post re. lock ups.

Hi Paul,
As you are not in pure n*l, i don't think it will work for you anyway.
As i said, you will need to let me have the servicerefs for your area, and i'll get it running for you.

Regarding the lock-up.
If you restart enigma once you've ftp'd the file, then press yellow to do a manual grab, sometimes it locks up early on. Restart, and all should be ok.
Once you get the file going in auto mode, all seems to be ok.
This isn't peculiar to my file, it seems to happen with all the default scripts.
Do make sure you've got a swapfile set up though.

where do i find the servicerefs fille?

where do i find the servicerefs fille?

If you press menu>information>service, you will get the full service ref. We only need the middle 3 blocks of code.

See my opening post for a quick way to get them.

Anyone know why you can only save the epg to cf or usb and not the hdd?

Matt.

Back