Louis Walsh quits The X Factor

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
160x120_xfactor_s02_louis02.jpg

Louis Walsh appears to have quit The X Factor, despite the show having another four weeks left to run.

The music mogul's decision comes after he was drenched by Sharon Osbourne live on last week's show for taking the controversial decision to eliminate Maria and keep the Conways the week before.

Louis, who now has just one act left, was also offended by comments from Simon, who called him an "idiot" in a recent newspaper interview.

“I’ve been totally humiliated and undermined by both of them," Louis told The Sun today. "This has caused me nothing but stress. The final straw was Sharon with the water and being booed by the audience and then Simon Cowell saying I was an idiot and stupid.

"I’ve had enough. I’m going back to Dublin. I’m not putting up with it any more.”

Simon has since apologised for his comments and is begging Louis to return to the show. “I’ve been called all sorts of things but taken it in the spirit it was meant," he said. “I’ve known Louis for years. I know what a huge success he’s been. If I offended him I apologise. We want him back.”

He is an "idiot" running away after taking abuse from Simon.LMAO

Good for Louis!

He's been taking some rubbish from the other two for quite some time. no-one should have to put up with that.

It is supposed to be a family show but the antics of the two need much to be desired. They have been extremely nasty to Louis.

What happened to team work, professional conduct? I agree with individual differences of opinion but they can be stated without resorting to name calling and drenching with water.

I admire Louis for staying so calm, i would have probably dealt with it in a different way.

this could also be a publicity stunt they've got enough about it in the the news anyway

Last edited:
And from what I saw it was Simon that made Sharon throw the water over him. She stopped herself but Simon pushed her elbow. Simon is the biggest stirrer on the show.

Anyway they are all after as much publicity as possible to get the ratings. See if Simon has to pay out his £100 Million to Simon Fuller!!

Back