"Loteria Primitiva" - Fake Lottery win letter in the post

MA

Childrens but still respected
Reaction score
My dad received this letter from the "Loteria Primitiva" this morning, claiming he had won £615,000. I did a quick google, and found that its a fake.

I've scanned it in, and uploaded the image below, so you can beware of it in case you receive one aswell.

This was shown last night on Tonight with trevor mcdonald investigates foreign lottery scams as conmen abroad target Britons with bogus wins in overseas draws.

If you are concerned about scams you can contact Consumer Direct, the Government's telephone and online consumer advice service.

call 08454 04 05 06.

ye true , i received a similar through the post.
i ignored it because it was too good to be true

Thanks for the feedback & info guys ;) I have taken the appropriate action, and binned it! :proud:

At the end of the day how can you win these " guaranteed " amounts of money , when you haven't entered in the first place !!!!!!!!!

Too many fools are easily parted of their money !!!!!!

i've won this along with my wife and my mom, lol
if it sounds too good to be true ......

It's the third time my bro's won the lottery there, isnt he luck of what ......LOL

Me, my sister and 2 uncles have won this lottery!

Arn't we a lucky family. :)

if i were to win this and they wanted money first, i would tell them to take the money of my winning,and send me the rest............

its phish how our details from the electoral register is available to these scam artists... feel sorry for the people who fall for it..

I get one every second week and it goes straight into the shredder.

just to give you a laugh.. my bro in law had this letter when they first started.. silly him, he thought it was real.. contacted the, and they say the money is his but because he was not a spanish resident, he had to pay tax and transfer fee..

lol.. they asked for £2000 via western union.. and guess what.. that knuckle head went and transferred £2000 over only to find out that the number was not available anymore..

serves him write.. police said they cant do anything... (they are good for nothing either)

but the way I see it, it should not have happened at the first place.. Thanks to the Electoral role register.. these people get our info...

You and I might know of this, but believe there are so many innocent people out there who fall for it.. its a shame..

Dam that must have hurt £2000 wasted, western union would have charged on top of that for their service.
Like they say if its to good to be true it probably is

I know.. its a shame.. I was pissed off caz he asked me before he did it and I said dont get into it its a scam.. but there you go...

Back