Lost about upgrading 500c from Neutrino

realitybites

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me. Had a dreambox for well over a year now and loaded an image on it at the time, when my brain was more in tune with things :Clap: Have read through as many threads as I can but what with the bomb scare thing and all the different images available I am a bit lost. I remember using a crossover ethernet cable and have dreamup, flashwizard pro 6.3 (I think) but not clear on which image I should now be using and with what S/W. My box details are
dreamplus 2006
ver 2.01
20/08/2006
rudbox
neutrino

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

I'm hoping someone can help me. Had a dreambox for well over a year now and loaded an image on it at the time, when my brain was more in tune with things :Clap: Have read through as many threads as I can but what with the bomb scare thing and all the different images available I am a bit lost. I remember using a crossover ethernet cable and have dreamup, flashwizard pro 6.3 (I think) but not clear on which image I should now be using and with what S/W. My box details are
dreamplus 2006
ver 2.01
20/08/2006
rudbox
neutrino

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

It all depends if you want to go to an enigma image or stay with neutrino m8, if you want to stay with neutrino you can go with cryogenics latest release (its in downloads) or if you fancy a change to engima based image then go for the DW 2.1 image (its the top sticky on this section). You wont be dissapointed with either of them m8.

q2

Thanks for the help m8, cryogenics sounds like it might be easier to load. Can anyone tell me if I just overwrite the existing image and could I use flashwizard pro?
Thanks

Just to be sure, the April 15th Neutrino rel 3 is the latest img with the updates if anyone could confirm
Thanks

yep thats the latest 1 m8 just ftp the image to temp folder & telnet this command cd /tmp && /bin/eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp dreamplus.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

Last edited:
Hi Griz
yep thats the latest 1 m8 (understand this ok)

just ftp the image to temp folder & telnet this command cd /tmp && /bin/eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp dreamplus.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot (Is this in some sort of ancient script, or maybe it is just a dialect I don't understand) :banana:

Hi Griz
yep thats the latest 1 m8 (understand this ok)

just ftp the image to temp folder & telnet this command cd /tmp && /bin/eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp dreamplus.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot (Is this in some sort of ancient script, or maybe it is just a dialect I don't understand) :banana:
Hi m8

Check out this:

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/102266/

Look in the guides sections for how to flash an image. What you will basically need is a crossed ethernet cable to connect direct from your network card on your PC to your box AND/OR a null modem cable to connect from your serial port on your PC to the serial port on the dreambox. I find the easiest way is the FLASHFXP way, so I would read that guide - any questions just ask m8 and i will try and help ya out - once you have flashed it once or twice you will find it quite easy m8 - trust me :)

q2

Last edited by a moderator:
Back