Losing the beer belly!

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, ive recently booked my holiday...Ibiza in september! Now I need to get into shape for the beach.My general fitness is good, i play footy once a week and go jogging maybe twice a week, and have pretty much no fat on me other than a beer belly. Ive knocked the lager on the head for a bit, and started doing situps, but it doesnt seem to be making much of a difference. I eat quite healthilly and have been losing weight. Any ideas how i can shift the beer gut? ive looked into those slendertone things but tbh they look shit. so fellas, any ideas? or is anyone doin the same thing and can offer any tips :)

plenty of cardio

and maybe some weights training could help

thing is mate im doing footy/ running, and im never sat down during the daytime,it just doesnt seem to shift! what weights wud u suggest for toning the stomach?

Unfortunately fella there is no quick fix for losing the belly. The fat around the stomach is also usually the last to go on men.

No amount of sit ups or crunches will reduce it as I'm afraid its diet and cardio. Weight training will reduce your fat over time but isnt site specific so will just reduce bodyfat overall same as cardio. Everyone has abs they are just hidden under layers of fat.

Best thing to do is a mixture of cardio (over 30 minutes a time) and maybe an overall body weight training programme 3 - 4 times a week for a couple of months. It should fall off you pal.

Oh yeah and get the diet spot on, dont get suckered in with Fat Burning pills !!!!

Woody

Now i'm no expert but i reckon weight training is the best method for losing the flab not cardio. If you manage build a bit of muscle you'll be burning calories while your sat on your arse and once the calories from food has been used up your body will start to use your fat reserves. To lose one pound of body fat you will need to burn 3500 extra calories & thats gonna take a lot of cardio work to shift which will get really boring.

Weight training is probably the best way. eat less carbs and more protein too.

get yourself a wii fit board

no lie my abs are killing me but theyve returned after two weeks lol

plus i got weights

Slowly poison yourself like me :)

BTW, I'm going to the gym today, woohooo!

Fooking hell, 4 hours in a gym?!

Most I can do is about 90 minutes and even then the assistants tell me I've just wasted 30 minutes, they say something about any exercise after 60 minutes has a far lesser impact on your health - fook knows wether its true or not, I really only go to see the fanny ;)

You cant really spot reduce, you can tone the ab muscles underneath and it should appear flatter eventually but just general good eating and exercise would help...

If you loose weight you loose it all over, cant really get rid of it in just one spot :) keep doing sit ups and crunches, however also try more cardio, walking, running, etc

Witchy can I market your diet please??? I think we could make millions as the latest fad diet, we just need a hot celebrity to say they have been on the diet :) will share the profits with you mate :)

I hear arsenic and formaldehyde have a similar effect on weight loss :)

....and they're probably safer aswell ;)

Cool, can you find us a celebrity, someone who we wouldnt really miss, if you accidently killed her with your diet plan but also someone famous enough for people to want to buy our programme :)

I had actually just signed up Bernard Manning, but he died a few weeks later. :err:

Watch out Atkins, my Diet Cola Diet will put an end to you.

You need a female celebrity obviously... Someone who can sell the diet... He hardly fits what teenage girls would want to grow up and be like???

How about Bella Emberg?

dick_whittington_203.jpg

this may sound like a daft question...but does sweatting cause a loss in weight? as i know it is good for my skin, gets all the crap out, i just wondered if it was gud for weight losss as i fancy starting the sauna after swimming

Back