losing channels

cheechnchomg

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi
every now and then (seems to be after watching one of the terrestrial channels for a while ) i lose all other channels. if i re-boot they all come back !! this appears to happen in the evenings more, any thoughts ??????

My old sagem used to do this - the box would either freeze the channel for a few seconds and then say "channel not available", or the box would just freeze completely.

I used to try restarting EVOCAMD to fix the problem but it rarely worked - therefore I just restarted the box like you do, and hey presto the work again.

A signal booster (£7.99) from argos fixed this - make sure all connections are tight (but not too tight!) and keep the co-ax cable length to a minimum.

Liam.

opps.. i do split the signal---- 1 leg- dbox 2nd leg-- to old analouge box split there to tw pace box with signal boost ... but the "official" tw pace will not do red button stuff !!! if i boost at the first point will this help with the dbox losing channel probs and sort out my "official" red button probs??

cheechnchomg said:
hi
every now and then (seems to be after watching one of the terrestrial channels for a while ) i lose all other channels. if i re-boot they all come back !! this appears to happen in the evenings more, any thoughts ??????
I'm having this problem and I've just disconnected the modem in the dbox to see if this is the problem.
I'm currently running sportster uk04.
If this fails then the pond looks like a good option.
I'll let you know how it goes with the dissed modem m8.

i run uk05 this is only a slight problem , it only looses channels every now and then and is easily fixed... prob once a week..... just thought it was odd really and looking for explanations ..... not a pond stylee problem

I started with uk05!
Telly still on at the mo which is a good sign.

If you have an old FM & TV Splitter on the wall I would suggest removing it as the signal will increase.

de_deej

Also try a different ucode on the sagem.

de_deej

de_deej
I know this isn't my thread but I have the same problems.
So far I have tried Gavs new image,and uk05 and now uk04,I've disconnected the modem and I've tried different ucodes and the damn thing still freezes.
I've even turned to BBC1 and updated the public keys
The channels do come back on when I either reboot the dbox or unplug it and reboot but then only for about an hour.
Its a Sagem.

Do you subscribe to any TW or nthell services ?

Got 3meg Broadband and access package,the only other thing is the 3 way splitter I have to connect my other 2 boxes connected to which never suffer any problems.

Sounds like you could benefiy from a signal booster. Everytime you split the signal it weakens. Have you tried the box running directly of the first splitter with no other box's connected. Also do you have an old type spliier on the wall it will say "FM & TV" ??

de_deej

de_deej said:
Sounds like you could benefiy from a signal booster. Everytime you split the signal it weakens. Have you tried the box running directly of the first splitter with no other box's connected. Also do you have an old type spliier on the wall it will say "FM & TV" ??
de_deej

No old type splitter,the splitter I have is an original ntl splitter and used to supply a ditv 2000 with au opos card with no problems.

DO you use both sides of the original splitter ?

No problem there then thats just an isolator. Try running the box directly from the wall. As it sounds like the problem is to do with the signal strength. Also how long and what quality is the coax cable that is suplying the box are all 3 boxes situated together or in different rooms ?

de_deej

The Sagem is right next to the box on the wall and has a 18 inch cable attached,the subbed box is underneath the Sagem and the one with the opos card is in another room 12 to 15 feet away.
3 pcs are connected to the broadband and one of them is wireless and hardly ever used.
I've gotta go to work I'll be back in an hour.
Thanks for the replies so far.

Back