Losing Channels

Wiggz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm not the most gifted of DBOX2 users so you'll have to bear with me, but something is happening which is rather annoying.

I have a custom Services/Bouquets file which I upload to my box on every new image I flash.

The main reason I do this is that a) I get all the channels I want, and b) I don't get all the channels I don't want.
If I try to run a scan, I very often only get a small number of channels, and say half of the movie channels...1 sports channel etc. Hence why I created this "super"file which containes the results of numerous scans combined.

Right..moving on.

I upload the files, and everything works fine. Say the box has a blip, and I reboot it, occasionally (completely intermittant - no pattern at all) I lose all my channels and my services/bouquets files are overwritten and I get the dreaded "No channels found" message.

This has happened on a number of Images (new and old).

I had a few PM's from Yido to mention using the myservices, but I wasn't 100% sure how to. I disabled the Background Scan (also metioned to me in an earlier post - Thanks) but this didn't seem to do the job.

Does anyone have a definitive reason for this?

Should I only have the myservices.xml rather than a services.xml and also a myservices.xml? I'm completely confused as to what I'm doing wrong now...but it's ruining my viewing.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

You keep myservices.xml along with services.xml. Myservices.xml should be a copy of your super-file and should contain a full set of channels, and in theory, only one of the files should be affected when your system crash occurs, so although you will probably still need to do a reboot, hopefully you won't lose all the channels.

Considering that a scan doesn't yield a full set of channels, it would seem you either have signal strength problems, or perhaps a weak tuner. Maybe a booster would be worth trying?

If you have a subbed box, try removing any splitters and connect your Dbox to the main feed and see if that results in more complete scans or improved stability.

I have a booster...signal is still not great but I have no issues on any channels....even the ones that are not always found on initial scans.....I think the problem might be that I have no services.xml file to acompany the myservices file eh? :)

Thanks for the help

Yes, you need to have both the services.xml and myservices.xml in the same folder. When your box crashes, it should only affect the services.xml file, and you won't experience a loss of channels, since myservices.xml overrides services.xml, but shouldn't be affected by the crash.

Back