Loosing epg

craige101

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone help me i keep loosing my epg im running cooltv guide and sometimes i just loose the epg and when i do a epg download or restet enigma still nothing any help would be great

Thanks Craig

Can anyone help me i keep loosing my epg im running cooltv guide and sometimes i just loose the epg and when i do a epg download or restet enigma still nothing any help would be great

Thanks Craig

I take it you have set it up correct and selected opensky as your default epg have a usb flash drive inserted and set up to store epg data?

How to setup Crossepg in all ViX Images this is roughly the same for most images

1. Make sure you have a USB stick or HDD attached for EPG data storage.
2. Press Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings. Using left & right buttons either side of OK set the EPG location to /media/hdd or /media/usb. Other settings in this screen can remain as default for the purpose of this guide.
3. Press green OK.
4. Now select Crossepg and press OK.
5. Select configure and press OK.
6. Change scheduled download to once a day as for most users this is enough.
7. Set scheduled download time.
8. Press Red button for BACK.
9. Select Update rytec providers and press ok.
10. Select Update XEPGDB providers and press ok.
No need for 9/10 if using opentv epg data.
12. Select the EPG source that you want to use for EPG data. Do not select more than what you actually use and need as selecting too many will cause memory issues. For the purpose of this guide we will select Open TV Providers > highlight open TV (astra 28.2), press OK to enable this provider and GREEN tick will appear.
13. Press RED for BACK and keep pressing exit to exit all screen.
14. Press Blue button > Select Crossepg and press OK. Crossepg will now download EPG data. Be patient and let it finish then the EPG that you selected will be populated.

Last edited:
yes open sky selected and epg saves to my hdd

It can not be saving if your losing it mate..being as its storing to a hard drive you can not format that so i suggest first ftp into your hard drive and delete the epg.dat file..and re download data..if that don't work maybe uninstall and reinstall crossepg.

Problem sorted press list on remote find the crossepg file delete it of hard drive then restart box and re download epg after boot up works a treat

Thanks for all your help

Back