Looking to buy a 500C.....

GaryM

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm about ready to purchase a second cable box (already have a 2007 Eurovox Max) but this time fancy a Dreambox - specifically the DB500C.
What bothers be is the amount of posts I read about failures, especially those which are dead on arrival. Is this really a problem or a minority?

I would really want a genuine box so would probably buy from Dreamboxshop or dvb-shop24.
Can anybody recommend one over the other with pricing being an obvious plus point along with good customer service should I receive a dead box?

Many thanks in advance.

I have always bought from dvb-shop24 and would always buy from them as their customer service is excellent.

I think DOA boxes are a minority. You never hear of the boxes that work first time. ;)

Send them an email at [email protected] and they will send you a paypal invoice for payment. You should have the box within 3-5 days.

Many thanks (yet again)!!
I've sent them an email via their contact address.

I have always bought from dvb-shop24 and would always buy from them as their customer service is excellent.

I think DOA boxes are a minority. You never hear of the boxes that work first time. ;)

Send them an email at [email protected] and they will send you a paypal invoice for payment. You should have the box within 3-5 days.

dvb-shop24 offer a v.good service. bought a few dm500c from them and services was excellent and reliable. i also had a faulty one after 2 months and they even arraged for pickup and delivery of replacement within a week.

dvb-shop24 offer a v.good service. bought a few dm500c from them and services was excellent and reliable. i also had a faulty one after 2 months and they even arraged for pickup and delivery of replacement within a week.

Was the pickup and redelivery at their cost?

They send you a pre-paid packing label via email. All you do is print it out and stick it to the front of your box then phone UPS. They will take some details then send a driver to your house to pick it up.

Excellent, thanks for your help guys.
I had an email back stating they could send me a Paypal invoice but didn't confirm the total cost. I've requested a total before I commit to asking for an invoice.

Excellent, thanks for your help guys.
I had an email back stating they could send me a Paypal invoice but didn't confirm the total cost. I've requested a total before I commit to asking for an invoice.
you should just go to their website and create and account then log in and order one. you can also use the discount code and you will get a reduction of about a tenner m8.

The code is here...

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=92823

But you don't need it.

From their website, the DM500C is £135 + £10 P&P = £145.
Discount is -£9 so that makes it £136.

If you email them at [email protected] he will sell you one for £125 + £10 P&P = £135. Cheaper than using the website and you don't have to muck about with the discount code.

It's up to you!

Back