Looking For New HD Box

papa2

DW Member +
Reaction score
I'm just about to punt my Dm600pvr and get a new HD box,

Been looking at getting the spiderbox 7000hd ,as I just cant see any reason why I would be better off with a DM800 clone or a TM800,
but then I'm new to Sat, anybody explain why I would be better of with one of the others

The main reason for not getting a closed source box is what happens when the current development stops, what will you be left with, but other than that the dm800 has great support with slick images and multi day epg's and lots of plugins if you like that thing, the spiderbox wont ever have that kind of support and it will take a while for the tm800 to get close.

Looks like I'm going for the spider then , cheap ,good picture quality and takes
a cline ok

mmmm...£90 free p+p and you can pay by paypal.
anyone know if these will take the dm800 images ?
might be worth a shot

Last edited:
no they dont take dm800 images, they have a basic image but they do hd no glitching and can run clines all for £90

Does look to good to be true.

The only thing I am looking for is something to run hd channels and maybe a 1 or 2 day epg. I was thinking of a spiderbox 9000hd, but I have a static dish so couldnt make use of the gift.

Does anyone have one of these and could take some pics of it running?

Does look to good to be true.

The only thing I am looking for is something to run hd channels and maybe a 1 or 2 day epg. I was thinking of a spiderbox 9000hd, but I have a static dish so couldnt make use of the gift.

Does anyone have one of these and could take some pics of it running?

Have a look at this site for photos, videos and details of this device.
- ALI chipset based, no frills HD reciever...this chipset is meant to be really cheap in China..so it' entirely possible they can put together a box at such a low price.
- Solomend800HD/Sathawk800HD/Skybox are all the same device "clones" with different names.
- Very basic software though...closed source linux, dont expect it to be anything like a DM800HD etc...Should be fine if you just want to watch TV though and HD is supposed to work fine.
- at 90 quid looks like a bargain, this is the sort of price that a lot of manufactures sell NON HD, NO PVR standard Enigma 1 devices....

SatHawk PVR800 DVB-S2 HD

DM800HD mate - it's the dawgs baws !!!!! Quite simply the best box I have played with, by a long shot. Ticks the boxes in all aspects for me and I can't recommend it enough !!!

DM800HD mate - it's the dawgs baws !!!!! Quite simply the best box I have played with, by a long shot. Ticks the boxes in all aspects for me and I can't recommend it enough !!!

Clone or original though?

He has a clone mate.

when I have read about the dm800hd clone on here it is always about it been glithy. I am basically looking for an hd box that can use clines on a fixed dish. Nothing special and for under a £100 i may give this ago as I could sell my dm500s for about £50.

You wont get anything with HD and CCCAM compatible for under 100 quid other than these Solomend/Skyhawk/Skybox 800HD boxes.
DM800hd clones are around 160 quid from China, extra 40 -50 quid from UK suppliers...and yes they are hit and miss you might get tuner issues, you might not...

when I have read about the dm800hd clone on here it is always about it been glithy. I am basically looking for an hd box that can use clines on a fixed dish. Nothing special and for under a £100 i may give this ago as I could sell my dm500s for about £50.

Mine's a clone, £189 delivered, added a £20 2.5" SATA drive & £4 inline booster and not a glitch on any channels and I'm working from a HOP1 server as my local card only SD for the moment.
I think I'm one of the lucky ones who got a good clone box !! :)

Back