Looking for cheapest upgradable desktop for video editing and gaming at pc world

Nick clarke

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a desktop from pc world using there buy now pay in 6 months... I'm mainly looking for cheapest fully upgradable desktop for gameplay video editing (ps4) and maybe for a bit of gaming?... would like the option to upgrade parts in future too....any help will be great, thank you

It really depends on what games you want to play and how intense the video editing going to be. I use my updated pc for gaming and video converting and i recon i paid about £610 but i already had a case, monitors, speakers and keyboard. Its plays the games I want, Elite dangerous and skyrim and a few others but i'm not gonna say it'll play any new anticipated games at any decent graphical level.

I'd say your looking at £600+ for a semi decent pc for what you want it to do!

Cheap and video editing don't really go hand-in-hand.

This is £700, and is the minimum I'd suggest: DELL Inspiron 5675 Gaming PC - Recon Blue
Thanks you all for feed back... Would you say this dell inspiron is better than the acer aspire gx 781 for £599 reduced from £799? This is what I've been leaning towards but I don't no a great deal about computers I'm going to learn as I go along that's why I want to have the option of upgrading parts in future

I paid £610 for a ryzen 5, mobo, 8gb ram, a rx 570 and 250gb m2.ssd.

EDIT just remembered i bought a a psu too. so £650

To me the fun was in the building off it
Thank you for reply... I don't really no alot about desktops yet, I'm looking to learn as I go along so a desktop for cheap(ish) that I can update through the next few years is what I'm looking for.... I would love to build a pc in future but im not quite there yet

It really depends on what games you want to play and how intense the video editing going to be. I use my updated pc for gaming and video converting and i recon i paid about £610 but i already had a case, monitors, speakers and keyboard. Its plays the games I want, Elite dangerous and skyrim and a few others but i'm not gonna say it'll play any new anticipated games at any decent graphical level.

I'd say your looking at £600+ for a semi decent pc for what you want it to do!
Thanks for reply... to be honest it's more the the video editing I'm looking for but the option to play games would be nice

Thanks you all for feed back... Would you say this dell inspiron is better than the acer aspire gx 781 for £599 reduced from £799? This is what I've been leaning towards but I don't no a great deal about computers I'm going to learn as I go along that's why I want to have the option of upgrading parts in future
Yes, the Dell is the better option. Even if you hadn't wanted to upgrade, but the Ryzen 3 1200 benches better than the i3-7100 for multicore stuff (for example; video encoding).

I paid £610 for a ryzen 5, mobo, 8gb ram, a rx 570 and 250gb m2.ssd.

EDIT just remembered i bought a a psu too. so £650

To me the fun was in the building off it
OP asked for an off the shelf option from PC World; but, if you hadn't suggested self building I would have ;)

Take a look at the gaming pc's below I cannot recommend them enough. I bought a gaming pc for my son at christmas and luckly I live only about 30 mins away so I can go to the showroom. The young lads that server on the counter at fantastic and you get a free 3 year warranty. We went for ryzen 5 1600, palit 1060 6gb graphic card, 1tb hard drive, 128ssd, Got to say its very very fast.

CCL Gaming PCs | Free Delivery and 3 Year Warranty | CCL Computers

Take a look at the gaming pc's below I cannot recommend them enough. I bought a gaming pc for my son at christmas and luckly I live only about 30 mins away so I can go to the showroom. The young lads that server on the counter at fantastic and you get a free 3 year warranty. We went for ryzen 5 1600, palit 1060 6gb graphic card, 1tb hard drive, 128ssd, Got to say its very very fast.

CCL Gaming PCs | Free Delivery and 3 Year Warranty | CCL Computers

definitely more bang for you buck there, special the ones with the addition of the ssd.

It's great that you're looking for an upgradable desktop for gameplay video editing and gaming. While PC World has options, you might also want to consider a custom-built PC as it can be more cost-effective and easily upgradable in the future. Make sure it has a good processor, ample RAM, and a dedicated graphics card. if you have a Mac, you're in luck as there are plenty of options available to edit your gameplay videos with ease.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great that you're looking for an upgradable desktop for gameplay video editing and gaming. While PC World has options, you might also want to consider a custom-built PC as it can be more cost-effective and easily upgradable in the future. Make sure it has a good processor, ample RAM, and a dedicated graphics card. As for mac video editing, if you have a Mac, you're in luck as there are plenty of options available to edit your gameplay videos with ease.
Read post #12🙄

It's great that you're looking for an upgradable desktop for gameplay video editing and gaming. While PC World has options, you might also want to consider a custom-built PC as it can be more cost-effective and easily upgradable in the future. Make sure it has a good processor, ample RAM, and a dedicated graphics card. As for mac video editing, if you have a Mac, you're in luck as there are plenty of options available to edit your gameplay videos with ease.

facepalm-gif-8.gif

Back