Looking for camera advice

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a bit of advice... All these different cameras stating this that and something else am I correct in thinking when they say HD and 1080p etc its not actually that? I thought the digital cameras where based on the TVL factor (digital cameras anyway)?

Can anyone recommend a 4 camera setup as well?

Thanks

you have two typed analogue and digital (IP), analogue will be a lower price point HD-SDI 720p, 1080i depending on the camera the quality is generally good, easy way to upgrade older analogue systems, if you install a new system use cat5 with baluns for easy upgrade to if in the future.

i would recommend going for a IP camera system you will be looking at £80+ for the cameras and £200 - £300 for a NVR, brand wise hikvision or dhaula,

google dhaula 4 camera system

sorry i mean - dahua cctv 4 camera kit - or replace the dahua with hikvision :)

where did the edit button go :-/

Yeah fair play mate budget is around £200 I appreciate the higher cameras are better but slightly out of budget :)

That's the boi is it? I have spare HDD's and can add cable, but if you reckon that's the pup?

why not just get a dvr and 2 good camera and then add more when more funds are freed up
this way you don't compromise on the cameras

can also save money smashing up an old sky box for the hd for the dvr

if you have a NAS most IP cmeras can record directly to these so it will save you buying a NVR. Thats what i do with my Dahua cameras

Back