Looking for advice

baggies1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i'm looking for a bit of advice.

I have in the past had dishes and an old technomate reciever to get services such as art and digitalb.

however i keep reading a bout "stable commercial servers" and spiderboxes, darkboxes etc which work (at a guess) by downloading patches from net via usb stick and patches a satellite reciever already pointing to the satellite in question. i'm also hearing about card sharing. i hearing dakrman kit can be a little shakely sometimes. (thats what i hear, dont shoot the messenger)

Can anyone give me and advice on the above? This is all completely new to me. I often hear of people refering to the "servers" being unresponsive or overloaded etc.. overloaded with requests for patches??

if anyone can get this old techie up to speed i'd be most grateful.

Nope nothing to do with patches...it's cardsharing thats being mentioned. I.E: You need a 24/7 internet connection to a cardserver which sends decryption keys on the fly to let you clear relevant channels.
If you loose network conenction, you stop getting keys...and no picture...Overloaded servers are where too many clients are connecting to it for decryption keys...the server or cards cant keep up with the requests and a as a result you get degraded service or picture breakup...
As far as Darkman goes...cant really help you with that one...I dont own any of the products his site produces or sells, he is behind the spiderbox, darkmotor, eagle box etc...

can anyone attest to how well card sharing works...who might provide such services (apologies if i speak out of turn in that request) and what equipment might be best?

i have a 1.1m fixed dish and permanent 10mb connection via virgin media.(assumedly i would have to replace my technomate 7655 2va with a reciever capable of connecting to the internet )

i had looked at a tring plus card but they are working out quite expensive..(300 plus a conax cam at 30)
plus tring wont show ALL the games and supporting WBA i might lose out some weeks..

again any help or advice would be great..

hi i'm looking for a bit of advice.

I have in the past had dishes and an old technomate reciever to get services such as art and digitalb.

however i keep reading a bout "stable commercial servers" and spiderboxes, darkboxes etc which work (at a guess) by downloading patches from net via usb stick and patches a satellite reciever already pointing to the satellite in question. i'm also hearing about card sharing. i hearing dakrman kit can be a little shakely sometimes. (thats what i hear, dont shoot the messenger)

Can anyone give me and advice on the above? This is all completely new to me. I often hear of people refering to the "servers" being unresponsive or overloaded etc.. overloaded with requests for patches??

if anyone can get this old techie up to speed i'd be most grateful.

im selling a spiderbox 7000hd got bout 9 months left of free gift to only bout 3 month old ive posted it for sale in the buy/trade ection just waiting for mod approve it so if intrested have look m8 want 100 pounds for it

cool.

whats the free gift bit...there's another bit i dont understand...

cool ok.

assumedly to get the sort of channels i'd be looking for (EPL channels) i ned to connect top some sort of service...

also, does the internet part just "decrypt" or stream...if it was a stream i imagine it wouldnt be very good

can anyone advise?

Last edited:
The internet just decrypts so nothing to do with picture quality etc
and gift gives access to a server with certain channels, but as stated elsewhere this is for a year and does lose channels from time to time and may get busy for games and its not yet known which will show EPL and in English

thanks.

does the receiver come locked to a certain service or can you connect to any service?

also is tring access a reality or even song of the sly italia sutff work?

also one other thought, could the spiderbox 7000hd be made to work with freesat?

Last edited:
thanks.

does the receiver come locked to a certain service or can you connect to any service?

also is tring access a reality or even song of the sly italia sutff work?

also one other thought, could the spiderbox 7000hd be made to work with freesat?

It connects to a server ,this is called the gift. You can also connect to a different server of your choice at the same time.
Tring is meant to be on the gift, I dont know cause I cant recieve 16e since the problems last Janurary. You wont get Sly italia on the gift but again you can get it other ways.

ok thanks for your help guys.

you mention tring is meant to be part of the "gift"...is the gift not a variable thing based on who you buy it from? or is it a standard channel set package offered by most?

how hard would it be to setup a spiderbox.
if i connected it to my 1.1m and 0.1db lnb dish pointed it at 16e and connected my netgear wireless router to connect to my pc in the other room could that be configured to work?

you also mention connecting to other servers? would i benefit from a better server (ie offering better service or more channels) and how thru a google search could i find some servers/services without perhaps breaking any rules on this forum?

sorry so many questions but i really like the idea of giving this a go now.

I am also very new to this but will try and explain what i have heard.

To get the maximum benefit of the spiderbox gift you will need a motorised dish as it unlocks different channels on different satelites. As for cardsharing you need to connect to different servers to get different channels and what channels all depends on the servers that you are sharing with.

There are a few routes with regards to C/S. The first is to pay for the services and the second is to share with a friend, so this option usually works best if you have something to share as well, basically set yourself up as a server aswell and share what you have.

Sorry if this has broken any rules

Back