Looking for a new motor suggestions needed.

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So my current motor my joyful alfa mito 155bhp on a 09 plates in now in need of urgent change. Its go 83500 miles on the clock and it needs to go before there is no value left in it. I need a new motor but I need something bigger with 5 doors but it cannot be too big as the other half won't drive it. So i've tried a couple to start with but if any one wants to chip in with any suggestions I would be happy to listen. Budget 14k including a 2k trade in for mine. I would like nav and bluetooth.

Tried.
Seat FR - 1.4 eco with auto dsg box, nice but feels small inside
Skoda octavia VRS - ok but noisey at high speeds.

Thinking of

Mazda 3 - seems big enough maybe but engines are a little old
No french cars - we have out reasons
Toyota - avensis not bad but a bit boring
Fords - focus seems right size but engines and dash seems old and dated.

Mazda 3. Get it serviced regularly and you'll have trouble free motoring for years.

Dont fancy a golf then ?

I've had a golf before and it was great car, but the seat fr and the golf are based on the same chassis, I've been looking at the 150gt engine and hoping its the same as the 1.4 eoctsi engine in the seat. The the prices are crazy high and I found the fr cramped.

Nara but would you be happy with the 2lt petrol or go for the 2.2 diesel. I missed out at the weekend on a rare black edition mazda 3. Looked really nice. I went back the next day and missed out as it was sold.

I've had a golf before and it was great car, but the seat fr and the golf are based on the same chassis, I've been looking at the 150gt engine and hoping its the same as the 1.4 eoctsi engine in the seat. The the prices are crazy high and I found the fr cramped.

My old FR 170 was mapped to 210 i passed it on to my son at 155,000 and with regular servicing never missed a beat still getting a caining off the lad now it just wont break.

what about a

Vauxhall Astra 1.4T 16V 150 SRi 5dr or they even do a 200bhp.

Any thoughts on this, loads of tech for your money. Other half has a company car astra old style and it has an awful 1.3 eco diesel engine which has not guts so that is why i left them out. Now seen the above and they look ok.

what about a

Vauxhall Astra 1.4T 16V 150 SRi 5dr or they even do a 200bhp.

Any thoughts on this, loads of tech for your money. Other half has a company car astra old style and it has an awful 1.3 eco diesel engine which has not guts so that is why i left them out. Now seen the above and they look ok.

The 168bhp 2.0 cdti astra files for what it is the Petrol 1.6 T has 180bhp but boy does it drink. Like a Scotts man before the price hikes.

Back