Looking For A Label Printer, Any Recommendations....

BIGGY007

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, people, i am looking for a label printer, would prefer a new one that is cheap to run and cheap ink, one that can print labels of all sizes, small and large and quite fast also. At the moment i am physically writing all addresses on all packages...any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful....

thanx in advance..

hi m8

if u are looking for a true lable printer, have a look at the eltron 2442, there are 3 flavours serial, usb and serial and usb, there are loads on e-bay but if u go for 1 make sure u get right interface. also see if u can get some lable stock to. (ups and dhl use these printers)

they have proper windows drivers so u can use word for you lables, also they are thremal lables, so no smudging from ink or wasted lables on a sheet from laser.

eltron have recently been bought out by zebra, so parts should not be a problem

hi, sorry i dont understand what you mean by interface and get the right one, i mainly would like to use it for addresses for my ebay items about 10+ packages a day..

any links via fleabay mate.......

Last edited:
if your pc doesnt have a serial port them make sure you get one that has usb only or usb and serial.
to be honest if yor pc has serial port then they tend to be cheaper cos many want usb
just read they do them with parallel ports too, not seen one with that but just make sure what ever free ports u have on pc is what u go for.
the 1 in ebay uk is quite expensive at £99 but u do get cables drivers etc and 5000 lables

http://search.ebay.com/eltron-2442_W0QQfkrZ1QQfnuZ1QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ32

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELTRON-ZEBRA-...goryZ178QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

loads in the us, might be worth getting one from there and then getting shipped especially with the dollar being low.

Last edited:
i have a fairly new advent laptop 8117 so i think it will have the ports etc... thanx for the links in the us but are the labelks really that expensive as i would like to keep the costs of the labels really low as i will be usineg about 100 labels a week...$27.77 for 1000 labels i think is a little expensive...

ok if u running from advent make sure if u go for 1 of these its has a usb connection.

dollar as it is each label is 1.3p, don't forget as its a thermal label u don't have any ink carts to buy.

anyway interesting to see if anybody comes up with any alternatives

i did see advertised dymo now have label printers that connect to pc.s similar thing thermal head/label stock but prob more expensive but have a look here

http://www.dymo-label-printers.co.uk/DYMO-labelwriter-printer.html

so which 1 do you think i should go for the eltron 2442, or the dymo turbo,????im gonna go for the 1 you think is best......

wait and see if anybody comes up with any alternatives first m8, dont rush in with the first option u may regret it :)

ill ask our logistic manager tomorrow if we have any "old" ones knocking about that u could have a play with and see if its what u need. cant promise we will but no harm in asking.

just remembered the 2844 is just usb

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=eltron+2844

these look ok £37 to buy now + packing noc cable or psu but u can get elsewhere on fleabay

Last edited:
We have a dymo turbo in work. It's never let us down and it does exactly what it says it does. Don't know if that helps.

I know u said u needed a label printer but if u are just printing address labels would u not be cheaper just buying sheets of address labels and printing them using Office or an Avery label printing program as u could print thousands of labels for the price of a dedicated label printer this is assuming that u already have a bog standard printer.

Ps

If Price is an issue u could just print several addresses on a sheet of A4 paper cut them up and stick them on with selotape this is how some of the stuff I buy on E Bay arrives.

Regards

Stu

Hi, no as they look tatty like that and not very professional, i would rather invest in a label printer and save all the time cutting,measuring sellotaping etc...and just stick them...i think im going for the dymo turbo

Back