Amazon Fire TV Looking at buying the new version

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Guys Im looking at buying the new version amazon fire tv Box , hope theres no nasty surprises as to firmware stopping you installing any useful apks is there i.e (unknown sources blocked out etc or can anyone recommend a better option android box for IPTV and tv apks

No issues with installing apks mate or unknown sources blocked.

Plus for the Fire TV is 4k netflix probably the cheapest box for this, but i hate the layout and all that amazon crap everywhere so i opt for Android boxes and although only the top end boxes will support 4k netflix and Youtube there are a lot of cheapish options for 4k everything else.

I like to medal so the T95Z fits the bill for me.

Thanks Ferret Next question I know you will be able to answer.These new Amazon TV boxes that dont have both wifi and alan connector built in .? when you add the separate lan adapter does the mac address of the device change from when you had it on wifi to a different mac addy when you add the adapter

You got me there i expect it will as its a different adapter but i dont know for sure.

You could if that is a problem go for the older version that has built it Ethernet port although there no longer available new there regarded by many as the better box.

In theory the new one has better specs cpu wise but reading about its speed and clunky front end are not a match for the old version. Not to mention the old version has a ethernet port.

Quite a few of us here use T95Z plus, IPTV works great with it (have tried Perfect player, STB EMU and lots of others all work great but my current favourite is IPTV Smarters).

Back